Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Salah scores in home draw against Bologna
The hosts came into the match knowing a win would be crucial for their hopes of catching second-placed Napoli, but could only manage one point against a determined Bologna side.
Salah started the match brightly, and was unlucky to see his header hit the post in the 17th minute.
The 23-year-old hit the woodwork again six minutes later, with a left-footed strike.
Roma were made to pay for their missed chances, as Luca Rossettini opened the scoring in the 25th minute, stunning the home fans into silence.
The Giallorossi came shooting out of the blocks in the second interval, but it seemed like it just wasn’t Salah’s day; the attacker looked on in disbelief as his shot in the 47th minute hit the frame of the goal yet again.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 12, 2016
Nevertheless, the hosts finally managed to pull themselves level five minutes after the break; substitute and club legend Francesco Totti released Salah with a fine through ball, and the latter’s tidy finish pulled his side back into the match with his 12th Serie A goal of the season.
Only 2 players have scored more Serie A goals in 2016 than Mohamed Salah (7) [via @WhoScored].
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 11, 2016
Despite Roma threatening through Salah, Totti, Pjanic and El Shaarawy throughout the second half, Bologna held firm to claim a point at the Stadio Olimpico.
The draw sees Roma extend their lead over fourth-placed Inter Milan to six points, with six matches to play. An away trip to Atalanta is next on the agenda for Salah and his teammates, as Serie A action continues in a week’s time.