Egypt international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played the full 90 minutes as Al Ahli...
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
EFA amends Egypt Cup matches system
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) decided that starting the round of 16 of Egypt Cup, home and away matches system will be implemented instead of the current knockout system.
The round of 16 draw was announced by the EFA recently. Zamalek will be facing Ittihad El-Shorta while Al Ahly will play against Haras El-Hodood.
The decision taken contradicts what Amer Hussein, head of the FA Competitions Committee, told Al Nahar TV channel lately. Amer said that teams are playing a lot of matches which does not help players to participate in more matches in the cup.
“If matches were played as scheduled in the beginning of the season in August, there might have been a possibility to play home and away matches in Egypt Cup, but because the competition was delayed it will be hard to implement such system.