Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
EFA amends Egypt Cup matches system
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) decided that starting the round of 16 of Egypt Cup, home and away matches system will be implemented instead of the current knockout system.
The round of 16 draw was announced by the EFA recently. Zamalek will be facing Ittihad El-Shorta while Al Ahly will play against Haras El-Hodood.
The decision taken contradicts what Amer Hussein, head of the FA Competitions Committee, told Al Nahar TV channel lately. Amer said that teams are playing a lot of matches which does not help players to participate in more matches in the cup.
“If matches were played as scheduled in the beginning of the season in August, there might have been a possibility to play home and away matches in Egypt Cup, but because the competition was delayed it will be hard to implement such system.