The goal-line referees was tested for the first time in Egypt during...
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Cuper: Qualifying to the World Cup was always our number one goal
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
EFA amends Egypt Cup matches system
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) decided that starting the round of 16 of Egypt Cup, home and away matches system will be implemented instead of the current knockout system.
The round of 16 draw was announced by the EFA recently. Zamalek will be facing Ittihad El-Shorta while Al Ahly will play against Haras El-Hodood.
The decision taken contradicts what Amer Hussein, head of the FA Competitions Committee, told Al Nahar TV channel lately. Amer said that teams are playing a lot of matches which does not help players to participate in more matches in the cup.
“If matches were played as scheduled in the beginning of the season in August, there might have been a possibility to play home and away matches in Egypt Cup, but because the competition was delayed it will be hard to implement such system.