Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, believes that it’s far from over in...
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
- South Africa coach Mashaba to accompany Sundowns to Egypt
- Hegazy returns as El-Badry announces Al Ahly squad to face Aswan
EFA amends Egypt Cup matches system
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) decided that starting the round of 16 of Egypt Cup, home and away matches system will be implemented instead of the current knockout system.
The round of 16 draw was announced by the EFA recently. Zamalek will be facing Ittihad El-Shorta while Al Ahly will play against Haras El-Hodood.
The decision taken contradicts what Amer Hussein, head of the FA Competitions Committee, told Al Nahar TV channel lately. Amer said that teams are playing a lot of matches which does not help players to participate in more matches in the cup.
“If matches were played as scheduled in the beginning of the season in August, there might have been a possibility to play home and away matches in Egypt Cup, but because the competition was delayed it will be hard to implement such system.