Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Gamal Allam refuses resignation requests
Gamal Allam refused all resignation demands from the public and is appealing the court’s ruling on the dissolution of his board.
Speaking to ON TV Allam said: “As a president of the EFA, I cancelled the board’s meeting until we have a clearer picture about our future.”
“We will not resign, however, we will withdraw until we can prove our eligibility to manage the EFA,” Allam added.
Allam stated his astonishment that the same general assembly that elected his board are the ones who are questioning his board’s eligibility.
“It baffles me that no one wants to sit down and end this peacefully, similar to Al Ahly‘s case months ago,” he added.
Allam concluded by mentioning that there will be no resignations from his board, and that they’ll only withdraw and wait for the Minsitry of Sports’ decision.
It’s well worth mentioning that the next EFA board elections is expected to take place in September 2016.