Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Gamal Allam refuses resignation requests
Gamal Allam refused all resignation demands from the public and is appealing the court’s ruling on the dissolution of his board.
Speaking to ON TV Allam said: “As a president of the EFA, I cancelled the board’s meeting until we have a clearer picture about our future.”
“We will not resign, however, we will withdraw until we can prove our eligibility to manage the EFA,” Allam added.
Allam stated his astonishment that the same general assembly that elected his board are the ones who are questioning his board’s eligibility.
“It baffles me that no one wants to sit down and end this peacefully, similar to Al Ahly‘s case months ago,” he added.
Allam concluded by mentioning that there will be no resignations from his board, and that they’ll only withdraw and wait for the Minsitry of Sports’ decision.
It’s well worth mentioning that the next EFA board elections is expected to take place in September 2016.