Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
EFA comment on fans’ attendance to CAF matches
The executive director of the Egyptian Football Association, Tharwat Sweilam has confirmed that no tickets for purchase will be available for Al Ahly’s clash against Young Africans, but only invitations.
Tharwat Sweilam has stressed out through televised remarks on Sada El-Balad channel, that no tickets will be available for sale for Al Ahly’s CAF Champions League match against Tanzanian side Young Africans. However, fans will allowed to enter the stadium through invitations instead.
Sweilam confirmed that 10,000 to 15,000 fans will be allowed to attend the game.
“At the moment, 10,000 fans will be allowed to attend. However, this number may increase to 15,000 in the next stage,” he said.
Sweilam then made it clear that Zamalek’s decision to give out invitations instead of printing tickets in their CAF Champions League clash against MO Bejaia, has forced them to do the same for Al Ahly’s match.
“Invitations printed out by Zamalek in their match againt MO Bejaia compel us to do the same with Al Ahly, in order to avoid comparison between the fans of both teams,” he continued.
Sweilam then explained how the fans could sign up to get the invitations for the match.
“The printed invitations will be distributed by Al Ahly Club, where the fans will sign up for it online, and then conduct an electronic lottery to determine the recipients of these invitations.
It is worth noting that Al Ahly is set to face Young Africans next Wednesday, at Borg Al-Arab stadium in Alexandria.
“Fayoum’s fans will be allowed to watch their team’s encounter against the Algerian side CS Constantine, at least 3,000 fans will be allowed to attend,” he stated.
“This also applies to ENPPI’s match against CF Mounana of Gabon, as fans will be allowed to attend,” Sweilam concluded.