Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Nigeria’s Etebo moves to Portuguese 2nd Division club CD Feirense
Nigerian rising star Etebo Oghenekaro has made a shock move to Portuguese Second Division Club CD Feirense, becoming the 3rd Nigerian player on the books at the club.
Etebo scored the only goal for Nigeria in the 1-1 draw back with Egypt in Kaduna only a couple of weeks ago. He also won the Most Promising Talent of the Year award this year at the CAF Awards, beating off competition in Egypt’s Kahraba in the process.
It is also worth mentioning that Etebo was a key pillar to Nigeria’s success in the U-23 AFCON last December, taking out the Golden Boot of the tournament, scoring 5 goals, including a brace against Algeria in the final.
The promising forward almost joined Serie A outfit Udinese back in 2014 after passing the trial he was given but Udinese and his former club Warri Wolves FC never came to an agreement surrounding the transfer fee and the move collapsed.
The switch, which is the first European move in Etebo’s career, has left many shocked, with many believing that the promising striker would make a move to a bigger European team. It remains to be seen how Etebo develops, with the Portuguese league proving fruitful building blocks in the careers of many young Africans recently, notably Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan Koka.