Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Nigeria’s Etebo moves to Portuguese 2nd Division club CD Feirense
Nigerian rising star Etebo Oghenekaro has made a shock move to Portuguese Second Division Club CD Feirense, becoming the 3rd Nigerian player on the books at the club.
Etebo scored the only goal for Nigeria in the 1-1 draw back with Egypt in Kaduna only a couple of weeks ago. He also won the Most Promising Talent of the Year award this year at the CAF Awards, beating off competition in Egypt’s Kahraba in the process.
It is also worth mentioning that Etebo was a key pillar to Nigeria’s success in the U-23 AFCON last December, taking out the Golden Boot of the tournament, scoring 5 goals, including a brace against Algeria in the final.
The promising forward almost joined Serie A outfit Udinese back in 2014 after passing the trial he was given but Udinese and his former club Warri Wolves FC never came to an agreement surrounding the transfer fee and the move collapsed.
The switch, which is the first European move in Etebo’s career, has left many shocked, with many believing that the promising striker would make a move to a bigger European team. It remains to be seen how Etebo develops, with the Portuguese league proving fruitful building blocks in the careers of many young Africans recently, notably Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan Koka.