Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Nigeria’s Etebo moves to Portuguese 2nd Division club CD Feirense
Nigerian rising star Etebo Oghenekaro has made a shock move to Portuguese Second Division Club CD Feirense, becoming the 3rd Nigerian player on the books at the club.
Etebo scored the only goal for Nigeria in the 1-1 draw back with Egypt in Kaduna only a couple of weeks ago. He also won the Most Promising Talent of the Year award this year at the CAF Awards, beating off competition in Egypt’s Kahraba in the process.
It is also worth mentioning that Etebo was a key pillar to Nigeria’s success in the U-23 AFCON last December, taking out the Golden Boot of the tournament, scoring 5 goals, including a brace against Algeria in the final.
The promising forward almost joined Serie A outfit Udinese back in 2014 after passing the trial he was given but Udinese and his former club Warri Wolves FC never came to an agreement surrounding the transfer fee and the move collapsed.
The switch, which is the first European move in Etebo’s career, has left many shocked, with many believing that the promising striker would make a move to a bigger European team. It remains to be seen how Etebo develops, with the Portuguese league proving fruitful building blocks in the careers of many young Africans recently, notably Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan Koka.