Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Italian football demand truth over Regeni’s death
Regeni, a 28-year-old Italian PhD student who was in Cairo conducting research on Egyptian trade unions, went missing on the evening of January 25. Nine days later, his body was found, bearing signs of severe torture, by a roadside on the outskirts of Cairo.
According to Italian Senator Luigi Manconi, Serie A president Maurizio Beretta has confirmed that players will raise yellow banners that reads ‘Truth for Giulio Regeni’ during matches played between 23 and 25 April.
Manconi told Italian news agency ANSA that the parliament’s human rights committee, which he heads; Amnesty International and prisoners’ rights association Antigone are the initiators of the campaign.
He added that the purpose of the campaign is to make sure that “silence does not fall on the atrocious end of our countryman in Egypt”.
It is not clear yet whether Egypt international Mohamed Salah, who plays for Italian side AS Roma, will take part in the campaign that will coincide with the Giallorossi’s clash against Napoli in gameweek 35.