Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Bassem Morsi excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Dakhleya
The squad witnessed the exclusion of striker Bassem Morsi who was suspended by the club after a clash with his teammate Mohamed Salem and the director of football Abdel-Halim Ali.
Morsi was initially included in McLeish’s squad, however he was later excluded for disciplinary reasons and was replaced by Salem.
Mostafa Fathi, Ayman Hefny, Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim ‘Gennesh’ and Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek were all sidelined with injuries, while Ahmed Hassan Mekki and Ramzy Khaled were excluded for technical reasons.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy and Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
Defenders: Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Koffi, Ahmed Dweidar, Hazem Emam, Omar Gaber, Ali Gabr and Mohamed Adel Gomaa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Moruf Yusuf, Ahmed Hamoudi, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ and Mohamed Ibrahim.
Forwards: Mohamed Salem, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ and Emmanuel Mayuka.
The game, which is postponed from the 22nd round of the league, will take place at Petrosport Stadium at 19:00 CLT. The White Castle currently occupy the second place in the league standings, nine points clear of leaders Al Ahly, while Dakhleya sit seventh on 36 points.