Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Bassem Morsi excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Dakhleya
The squad witnessed the exclusion of striker Bassem Morsi who was suspended by the club after a clash with his teammate Mohamed Salem and the director of football Abdel-Halim Ali.
Morsi was initially included in McLeish’s squad, however he was later excluded for disciplinary reasons and was replaced by Salem.
Mostafa Fathi, Ayman Hefny, Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim ‘Gennesh’ and Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek were all sidelined with injuries, while Ahmed Hassan Mekki and Ramzy Khaled were excluded for technical reasons.
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy and Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
Defenders: Hamada Tolba, Mohamed Koffi, Ahmed Dweidar, Hazem Emam, Omar Gaber, Ali Gabr and Mohamed Adel Gomaa.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Tarek Hamed, Moruf Yusuf, Ahmed Hamoudi, Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ and Mohamed Ibrahim.
Forwards: Mohamed Salem, Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ and Emmanuel Mayuka.
The game, which is postponed from the 22nd round of the league, will take place at Petrosport Stadium at 19:00 CLT. The White Castle currently occupy the second place in the league standings, nine points clear of leaders Al Ahly, while Dakhleya sit seventh on 36 points.