Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Koscielny: I am very impressed with Elneny’s adaptation
Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has been very impressed by Arsenal latest signing Mohamed Elneny’s adaptation to Premier League football.
Mohamed Elneny, who was voted Arsenal’s March player of the month, has made a big impression on his new team-mate Laurent Koscielny, despite only joining the Gunners last January.
“When he signed I could see he was a good player with the ball and how he could make good passes,” Laurent Koscielny told Arsenal’s official website.
“He is not a player who takes the ball and goes from box to box with it, but he can help the team go higher up the pitch and keep the ball, which is very important.”
“He doesn’t lose many balls during a game, he has scored and he has played well. He signed three months ago so his adaptation to our philosophy at Arsenal and [to life] in England… I am very impressed with it.”
The 23-year-old, who has made 10 appearance for the Gunners, has had a positive impact since joining the Gunners, as he was voted Arsenal’s player of the month for March and also scored the March Goal of the Month against Barcelona at the Camp Nou.
Arsenal are currently third in the English Premier league with 59 points from 32 games. Their next game will be against struggling Crystal Palace at home on April 17.