Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Abouelkassem wins gold at African Fencing Championship
Olympic fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem won a gold medal in the men’s individual foil event at the Africam Fencing Championship in Algiers, Algeria.
The Egyptian is currently ranked in 19th place by the International Fencing Federation. He won the silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics with an injured shoulder. In 2014, he won the bronze medal at the African Championship in Egypt. His most recent accomplishment is a silver medal in the men’s foil Grand Prix.
The 25-year-old faced Algerian-French Victor Sintès in the final round with a score of 15-9. Sintès had previously won a bronze medal at the 2011 Fencing Championship with the French team, before becoming an Algerian citizen in 2014.
Abouelkassem is one of the three Egyptians who will represent Egypt’s national fencing team at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics this summer.