Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Abouelkassem wins gold at African Fencing Championship
Olympic fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem won a gold medal in the men’s individual foil event at the Africam Fencing Championship in Algiers, Algeria.
The Egyptian is currently ranked in 19th place by the International Fencing Federation. He won the silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics with an injured shoulder. In 2014, he won the bronze medal at the African Championship in Egypt. His most recent accomplishment is a silver medal in the men’s foil Grand Prix.
The 25-year-old faced Algerian-French Victor Sintès in the final round with a score of 15-9. Sintès had previously won a bronze medal at the 2011 Fencing Championship with the French team, before becoming an Algerian citizen in 2014.
Abouelkassem is one of the three Egyptians who will represent Egypt’s national fencing team at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics this summer.