Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Abouelkassem wins gold at African Fencing Championship
Olympic fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem won a gold medal in the men’s individual foil event at the Africam Fencing Championship in Algiers, Algeria.
The Egyptian is currently ranked in 19th place by the International Fencing Federation. He won the silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics with an injured shoulder. In 2014, he won the bronze medal at the African Championship in Egypt. His most recent accomplishment is a silver medal in the men’s foil Grand Prix.
The 25-year-old faced Algerian-French Victor Sintès in the final round with a score of 15-9. Sintès had previously won a bronze medal at the 2011 Fencing Championship with the French team, before becoming an Algerian citizen in 2014.
Abouelkassem is one of the three Egyptians who will represent Egypt’s national fencing team at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics this summer.