Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Abouelkassem wins gold at African Fencing Championship
Olympic fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem won a gold medal in the men’s individual foil event at the Africam Fencing Championship in Algiers, Algeria.
The Egyptian is currently ranked in 19th place by the International Fencing Federation. He won the silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics with an injured shoulder. In 2014, he won the bronze medal at the African Championship in Egypt. His most recent accomplishment is a silver medal in the men’s foil Grand Prix.
The 25-year-old faced Algerian-French Victor Sintès in the final round with a score of 15-9. Sintès had previously won a bronze medal at the 2011 Fencing Championship with the French team, before becoming an Algerian citizen in 2014.
Abouelkassem is one of the three Egyptians who will represent Egypt’s national fencing team at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics this summer.