In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Abouelkassem wins gold at African Fencing Championship
Olympic fencer Alaaeldin Abouelkassem won a gold medal in the men’s individual foil event at the Africam Fencing Championship in Algiers, Algeria.
The Egyptian is currently ranked in 19th place by the International Fencing Federation. He won the silver medal at the 2012 London Olympics with an injured shoulder. In 2014, he won the bronze medal at the African Championship in Egypt. His most recent accomplishment is a silver medal in the men’s foil Grand Prix.
The 25-year-old faced Algerian-French Victor Sintès in the final round with a score of 15-9. Sintès had previously won a bronze medal at the 2011 Fencing Championship with the French team, before becoming an Algerian citizen in 2014.
Abouelkassem is one of the three Egyptians who will represent Egypt’s national fencing team at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics this summer.