Egypt’s national volleyball team won the 2016 Women’s U-23 African Nations Championship...
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
Elmohamady starts as Hull City win 2-1 against Wolves
Hull City have started the match impressively as they opened the score early in the sixth minute as Adama Diomande managed to score a tap in after keeper Ikeme failed to collect Iorfa’s clearance.
In the 13th minute, Clucas fired a powerful ball off target as the Tigers tried to score their second goal of the night.
Two minutes later, Henry delivered a corner for Wolves that was successfully headed away from the near post by Ahmed Elmohamady to clear the danger outside of the box.
In the 19th minute, the visitors managed to equalize the score after unmarked David Edwards managed to hit a close header to make it 1-1 for Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Hull tried to score their second goal in the 35th minute after Elmohamady put in a cross that was deflected outside for a corner. Clucas took the corner, but it was punched away for another corner by Ikeme. Clucas’ second corner was gathered calmly by Ikeme.
In the 39th minute Elmohamady went down in the box as the Hull players ask for a penalty only for the referee to signal a corner.
The second half started calmly as the first proper chance came in the 56th minute after Clucas sent in a cross that Diomande volleyed over the bar.
Hull City still tried to chase the win with 15 minutes to go after Abel Hernandez curled a great effort that Ikeme stretched to push away.
Three minutes later Sigurdarson’s shot for Wolves was tipped over the bar by McGregor to save Hull from conceding their second of the night.
The last ten minutes of the game had Hull City pushing aggressively for a goal as Hernandez curled a wide effort in the 83rd minute.
Three minutes later Aluko fired a low shot on goal from outside the box that was held easily by Wolves keeper Ikeme.
In the 93rd and last minute of the game, substitute Robert Snodgrass scored an absolute belter of a free kick to win the Tigers the game in the last minute. A fantastic hit in the top corner to earn Hull City the three points.
Hull City still sit fourth in the Championship with 73 points behind third placed Burnley who are on 80 points. The Tigers are set to face 14th placed Reading in the Madejski Stadium on Tuesday April 19.