Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Abdel-Halim Ali: Morsi apologized and Hefny still injured
After Zamalak’s behind-closed-doors friendly at the club’s stadium, Abdel-Halim spoke about Ayman Hefty’s injury and the board’s decision to include him in the squad as well as on Bassem Morsi’s disciplinary actions.
After sustaining gastrocnemius muscle injury in the first leg of the CAF Champions League round of 16 against MO Béjaïa and missing Zamalek’s league match against Dakhleya, Hefny was included in the squad set to play the second leg of the CAF CL.
Ali said that Zamalek manager Alex McLeish insisted on including the Hefny in the squad due to his ability to turn any game upside down and for the positivity he radiates to his teammates.
Ali also confirmed that striker Bassem Morsi has formally apologized to him, but Morsi’s ban and fine will be upheld until further investigation.
Bassem was excluded from the squad against Dakhleya and is also excluded from the squad that will travel to Algeria.