Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Abdel-Halim Ali: Morsi apologized and Hefny still injured
After Zamalak’s behind-closed-doors friendly at the club’s stadium, Abdel-Halim spoke about Ayman Hefty’s injury and the board’s decision to include him in the squad as well as on Bassem Morsi’s disciplinary actions.
After sustaining gastrocnemius muscle injury in the first leg of the CAF Champions League round of 16 against MO Béjaïa and missing Zamalek’s league match against Dakhleya, Hefny was included in the squad set to play the second leg of the CAF CL.
Ali said that Zamalek manager Alex McLeish insisted on including the Hefny in the squad due to his ability to turn any game upside down and for the positivity he radiates to his teammates.
Ali also confirmed that striker Bassem Morsi has formally apologized to him, but Morsi’s ban and fine will be upheld until further investigation.
Bassem was excluded from the squad against Dakhleya and is also excluded from the squad that will travel to Algeria.