Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Abdel-Halim Ali: Morsi apologized and Hefny still injured
After Zamalak’s behind-closed-doors friendly at the club’s stadium, Abdel-Halim spoke about Ayman Hefty’s injury and the board’s decision to include him in the squad as well as on Bassem Morsi’s disciplinary actions.
After sustaining gastrocnemius muscle injury in the first leg of the CAF Champions League round of 16 against MO Béjaïa and missing Zamalek’s league match against Dakhleya, Hefny was included in the squad set to play the second leg of the CAF CL.
Ali said that Zamalek manager Alex McLeish insisted on including the Hefny in the squad due to his ability to turn any game upside down and for the positivity he radiates to his teammates.
Ali also confirmed that striker Bassem Morsi has formally apologized to him, but Morsi’s ban and fine will be upheld until further investigation.
Bassem was excluded from the squad against Dakhleya and is also excluded from the squad that will travel to Algeria.