Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Abdel-Halim Ali: Morsi apologized and Hefny still injured
After Zamalak’s behind-closed-doors friendly at the club’s stadium, Abdel-Halim spoke about Ayman Hefty’s injury and the board’s decision to include him in the squad as well as on Bassem Morsi’s disciplinary actions.
After sustaining gastrocnemius muscle injury in the first leg of the CAF Champions League round of 16 against MO Béjaïa and missing Zamalek’s league match against Dakhleya, Hefny was included in the squad set to play the second leg of the CAF CL.
Ali said that Zamalek manager Alex McLeish insisted on including the Hefny in the squad due to his ability to turn any game upside down and for the positivity he radiates to his teammates.
Ali also confirmed that striker Bassem Morsi has formally apologized to him, but Morsi’s ban and fine will be upheld until further investigation.
Bassem was excluded from the squad against Dakhleya and is also excluded from the squad that will travel to Algeria.