Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Zamalek, Dakhleya play out goalless draw
Dakhleya XI: Mohamed El-Gharabawy, Shehab El-Dein Ahmed, Essam Said, Rashad Farouk, Ragab Bakar, Mohamed Gamal, Farid Shawki, Emmanuel, Siriel Bayalla (22′ Islam Abdel-Naiem), Abdel-Rahman El-Swissi (76′ Ahmed El-Sha’rawy), Amr Marei.
Zamalek XI: El-Shennawy, Koffi, Ahmed Dweidar, Omar Gaber (83′ Mohamed Salem), Hamada Tolba, Hamed, Youssef, Ahmed Hamoudi (67′ Shikabala), Hazem Emam, Mohamed Ibrahim (57’Mayuka), Kahraba
The highlight of the first half was Kahraba’s wastefulness in front of goal; the 21-year-old forward was unable to hit the back of Dakhleya’s net on more than one occasion.
Dakhleya kicked off the second half brightly, and almost took the lead as Islam Abdel-Naiem burst down the right, but Ahmed Dweidar was alert and cleared the danger.
Shortly afterwards, Zamalek won a free-kick which was taken by Hamoudi, but Kahraba’s ensuing effort was off-target.
In the 73rd minute, Abdel-Naeim’s effort from a set piece appeared to have crossed the line, but no goal was given by the match referee.
Despite pushing forward for a late winner, Dakhleya were unable to find a way past El-Shennawy, as the match ended in a 0-0 draw.
Al Ahly now have the chance to widen the gap between themselves and second-placed Zamalek to 11 points, when they take on ENPPI on Friday.