Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli defeats Hajer
Egypt’s international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played full 90 minutes in Al Ahli’s win over the hosts, Hajer 1-0 in the Saudi Professional League.
This is Abdel-Shafy’s second game as a starter, after staying away for months due to a knee injury last February.
The first half featured many chances from both sides, with Al Ahli dominating most of the game; however, it ended in a goalless draw.
In the second half, Al Ahli’s swiss manager, Christian Gross, made three substitutions to boost his team’s offensive role. Yet, it wasn’t until the 86th minute when the team’s star Omar Al Somah scored the first and only goal of the game from a penalty, granting the royal team their 3 points.
With this win, Al Ahli stay on the summit of the table, three points ahead from the rivals Al Hilal.