Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli defeats Hajer
This is Abdel-Shafy’s second game as a starter, after staying away for months due to a knee injury last February.
The first half featured many chances from both sides, with Al Ahli dominating most of the game; however, it ended in a goalless draw.
In the second half, Al Ahli’s swiss manager, Christian Gross, made three substitutions to boost his team’s offensive role. Yet, it wasn’t until the 86th minute when the team’s star Omar Al Somah scored the first and only goal of the game from a penalty, granting the royal team their 3 points.
With this win, Al Ahli stay on the summit of the table, three points ahead from the rivals Al Hilal.