Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli defeats Hajer
This is Abdel-Shafy’s second game as a starter, after staying away for months due to a knee injury last February.
The first half featured many chances from both sides, with Al Ahli dominating most of the game; however, it ended in a goalless draw.
In the second half, Al Ahli’s swiss manager, Christian Gross, made three substitutions to boost his team’s offensive role. Yet, it wasn’t until the 86th minute when the team’s star Omar Al Somah scored the first and only goal of the game from a penalty, granting the royal team their 3 points.
With this win, Al Ahli stay on the summit of the table, three points ahead from the rivals Al Hilal.