Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli defeats Hajer
This is Abdel-Shafy’s second game as a starter, after staying away for months due to a knee injury last February.
The first half featured many chances from both sides, with Al Ahli dominating most of the game; however, it ended in a goalless draw.
In the second half, Al Ahli’s swiss manager, Christian Gross, made three substitutions to boost his team’s offensive role. Yet, it wasn’t until the 86th minute when the team’s star Omar Al Somah scored the first and only goal of the game from a penalty, granting the royal team their 3 points.
With this win, Al Ahli stay on the summit of the table, three points ahead from the rivals Al Hilal.