Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli defeats Hajer
Egypt’s international Mohamed Abdel-Shafy played full 90 minutes in Al Ahli’s win over the hosts, Hajer 1-0 in the Saudi Professional League.
This is Abdel-Shafy’s second game as a starter, after staying away for months due to a knee injury last February.
The first half featured many chances from both sides, with Al Ahli dominating most of the game; however, it ended in a goalless draw.
In the second half, Al Ahli’s swiss manager, Christian Gross, made three substitutions to boost his team’s offensive role. Yet, it wasn’t until the 86th minute when the team’s star Omar Al Somah scored the first and only goal of the game from a penalty, granting the royal team their 3 points.
With this win, Al Ahli stay on the summit of the table, three points ahead from the rivals Al Hilal.