A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Abou-Rida: Roma won’t participate in ‘Truth for Regeni’ campaign
FIFA Executive Committee member Hany Abou-Rida insists that Roma will refrain from participating in the campaign demanding justice for Giulio Regeni, the Italian student murdered in Egypt.
The Italian Parliament’s Human Rights Committee has obliged all Seria A and Serie B teams to raise banners demanding disclosure of the truth about Regeni’s murder, which took place in Egypt.
Speaking to Sada El-Balad Channel, Abou-Rida said that Roma had asked not to participate in the campaign.
“Roma asked the Italian Football Federation not to participate in the campaign so as to avoid putting Mohamed Salah in a difficult position, and the Italian Football Federation has approved the request,” he said.
“I spoke with Salah personally, and he confirmed the news,” he added.
He then concluded his remarks by saying that the action of the Italian Football Federation do not show any sign of disrespect or racism.
“The campaign imposed by the Italian Football Federation does not violate any rules set by FIFA. This campaign doesn’t show any racism or discrimination against a person or a country,” he concluded.
The campaign will be held between the 23rd and 25th of April, during the 35th round of the 2015/16 Serie A season.