After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Abou-Rida: Roma won’t participate in ‘Truth for Regeni’ campaign
FIFA Executive Committee member Hany Abou-Rida insists that Roma will refrain from participating in the campaign demanding justice for Giulio Regeni, the Italian student murdered in Egypt.
The Italian Parliament’s Human Rights Committee has obliged all Seria A and Serie B teams to raise banners demanding disclosure of the truth about Regeni’s murder, which took place in Egypt.
Speaking to Sada El-Balad Channel, Abou-Rida said that Roma had asked not to participate in the campaign.
“Roma asked the Italian Football Federation not to participate in the campaign so as to avoid putting Mohamed Salah in a difficult position, and the Italian Football Federation has approved the request,” he said.
“I spoke with Salah personally, and he confirmed the news,” he added.
He then concluded his remarks by saying that the action of the Italian Football Federation do not show any sign of disrespect or racism.
“The campaign imposed by the Italian Football Federation does not violate any rules set by FIFA. This campaign doesn’t show any racism or discrimination against a person or a country,” he concluded.
The campaign will be held between the 23rd and 25th of April, during the 35th round of the 2015/16 Serie A season.