Zamalek defender Ramzy Khaled has completed a loan move to Arab Contractors...
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
Abou-Rida: Roma won’t participate in ‘Truth for Regeni’ campaign
FIFA Executive Committee member Hany Abou-Rida insists that Roma will refrain from participating in the campaign demanding justice for Giulio Regeni, the Italian student murdered in Egypt.
The Italian Parliament’s Human Rights Committee has obliged all Seria A and Serie B teams to raise banners demanding disclosure of the truth about Regeni’s murder, which took place in Egypt.
Speaking to Sada El-Balad Channel, Abou-Rida said that Roma had asked not to participate in the campaign.
“Roma asked the Italian Football Federation not to participate in the campaign so as to avoid putting Mohamed Salah in a difficult position, and the Italian Football Federation has approved the request,” he said.
“I spoke with Salah personally, and he confirmed the news,” he added.
He then concluded his remarks by saying that the action of the Italian Football Federation do not show any sign of disrespect or racism.
“The campaign imposed by the Italian Football Federation does not violate any rules set by FIFA. This campaign doesn’t show any racism or discrimination against a person or a country,” he concluded.
The campaign will be held between the 23rd and 25th of April, during the 35th round of the 2015/16 Serie A season.