Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Egypt to face Malawi in friendly ahead of Tanzania clash
The match against Malawi is yet to be officially announced yet by the Egyptian Football Federation, but Egypt’s agenda on FIFA’s official website suggests that such an encounter will indeed take place at the end of May, days before the Pharaohs play a competitive match.
Egypt are set to face Tanzania on June 4th in their last game in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, needing only one point to officially qualify for the finals in Gabon.
Moreover, Egypt needs to win the game to maintain its place in the first pot of the draw for final stage of World Cup qualification, which will take place on the 24th of June. The winners of each of the five drawn groups will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.