Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egypt to face Malawi in friendly ahead of Tanzania clash
The match against Malawi is yet to be officially announced yet by the Egyptian Football Federation, but Egypt’s agenda on FIFA’s official website suggests that such an encounter will indeed take place at the end of May, days before the Pharaohs play a competitive match.
Egypt are set to face Tanzania on June 4th in their last game in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, needing only one point to officially qualify for the finals in Gabon.
Moreover, Egypt needs to win the game to maintain its place in the first pot of the draw for final stage of World Cup qualification, which will take place on the 24th of June. The winners of each of the five drawn groups will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.