Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
Egypt to face Malawi in friendly ahead of Tanzania clash
The match against Malawi is yet to be officially announced yet by the Egyptian Football Federation, but Egypt’s agenda on FIFA’s official website suggests that such an encounter will indeed take place at the end of May, days before the Pharaohs play a competitive match.
Egypt are set to face Tanzania on June 4th in their last game in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, needing only one point to officially qualify for the finals in Gabon.
Moreover, Egypt needs to win the game to maintain its place in the first pot of the draw for final stage of World Cup qualification, which will take place on the 24th of June. The winners of each of the five drawn groups will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.