Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Egypt to face Malawi in friendly ahead of Tanzania clash
The match against Malawi is yet to be officially announced yet by the Egyptian Football Federation, but Egypt’s agenda on FIFA’s official website suggests that such an encounter will indeed take place at the end of May, days before the Pharaohs play a competitive match.
Egypt are set to face Tanzania on June 4th in their last game in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, needing only one point to officially qualify for the finals in Gabon.
Moreover, Egypt needs to win the game to maintain its place in the first pot of the draw for final stage of World Cup qualification, which will take place on the 24th of June. The winners of each of the five drawn groups will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.