Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Egypt to face Malawi in friendly ahead of Tanzania clash
The match against Malawi is yet to be officially announced yet by the Egyptian Football Federation, but Egypt’s agenda on FIFA’s official website suggests that such an encounter will indeed take place at the end of May, days before the Pharaohs play a competitive match.
Egypt are set to face Tanzania on June 4th in their last game in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, needing only one point to officially qualify for the finals in Gabon.
Moreover, Egypt needs to win the game to maintain its place in the first pot of the draw for final stage of World Cup qualification, which will take place on the 24th of June. The winners of each of the five drawn groups will qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.