Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Ministry of Interior refuse fans’ return
The Ministry of Interior have officially refused the fans’ return to the stadiums during the remaining matches of the Egyptian Premier League for the sake of equal opportunities between all teams.
The Ministry of Interior refused the request of a number of participating teams and the Egyptian Football Association executives that was put forward for the fans return to the stands, like the suggestion that the home teams’ fans attend matches and not the visiting ones, a point that was rejected by several teams because it would create problems between the fans who would not attend.
The fans’ return to the stands was also refused for the sake of equal opportunities between all teams especially because the Egyptian Premier League is already in its 24th week and it would be hard for the fans to return in the current season.