The Egyptian Minister of Youth & Sports has announced that a record-high...
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
Mohamed Elneny: Our next goal is reaching the World Cup
Speaking to Arsenal TV, Elneny expressed his delight at representing the Egypt National team, especially after the latest African Cup of Nations qualifiers encounters against Nigeria.
“We are 100 million Egyptians, and every single one of us dreams of getting called up to the national team. Therefore, I’m extremely happy whenever I get called up,” he said.
The 23-year-old then expressed his satisfaction after getting closer to reaching the 2017 African Cup of Nations after coming out on top in the double header against Nigeria last month.
“We didn’t qualify for the last three AFCONs. However, we are so close this time after beating Nigeria. Therefore, I’m very happy and looking forward to competing for the title. Hopefully, my next step with the national team is reaching the World Cup.”
The draw for the final stage of CAF World Cup qualifying will be held in Cairo, on the 24th of June.
Arsenal take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, in the 33rd round of the English Premier League, before taking on West Bromwich Albion four days later.