Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Mohamed Elneny: Our next goal is reaching the World Cup
Speaking to Arsenal TV, Elneny expressed his delight at representing the Egypt National team, especially after the latest African Cup of Nations qualifiers encounters against Nigeria.
“We are 100 million Egyptians, and every single one of us dreams of getting called up to the national team. Therefore, I’m extremely happy whenever I get called up,” he said.
The 23-year-old then expressed his satisfaction after getting closer to reaching the 2017 African Cup of Nations after coming out on top in the double header against Nigeria last month.
“We didn’t qualify for the last three AFCONs. However, we are so close this time after beating Nigeria. Therefore, I’m very happy and looking forward to competing for the title. Hopefully, my next step with the national team is reaching the World Cup.”
The draw for the final stage of CAF World Cup qualifying will be held in Cairo, on the 24th of June.
Arsenal take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, in the 33rd round of the English Premier League, before taking on West Bromwich Albion four days later.