Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Mohamed Elneny: Our next goal is reaching the World Cup
Speaking to Arsenal TV, Elneny expressed his delight at representing the Egypt National team, especially after the latest African Cup of Nations qualifiers encounters against Nigeria.
“We are 100 million Egyptians, and every single one of us dreams of getting called up to the national team. Therefore, I’m extremely happy whenever I get called up,” he said.
The 23-year-old then expressed his satisfaction after getting closer to reaching the 2017 African Cup of Nations after coming out on top in the double header against Nigeria last month.
“We didn’t qualify for the last three AFCONs. However, we are so close this time after beating Nigeria. Therefore, I’m very happy and looking forward to competing for the title. Hopefully, my next step with the national team is reaching the World Cup.”
The draw for the final stage of CAF World Cup qualifying will be held in Cairo, on the 24th of June.
Arsenal take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, in the 33rd round of the English Premier League, before taking on West Bromwich Albion four days later.