Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
Mohamed Elneny: Our next goal is reaching the World Cup
Speaking to Arsenal TV, Elneny expressed his delight at representing the Egypt National team, especially after the latest African Cup of Nations qualifiers encounters against Nigeria.
“We are 100 million Egyptians, and every single one of us dreams of getting called up to the national team. Therefore, I’m extremely happy whenever I get called up,” he said.
The 23-year-old then expressed his satisfaction after getting closer to reaching the 2017 African Cup of Nations after coming out on top in the double header against Nigeria last month.
“We didn’t qualify for the last three AFCONs. However, we are so close this time after beating Nigeria. Therefore, I’m very happy and looking forward to competing for the title. Hopefully, my next step with the national team is reaching the World Cup.”
The draw for the final stage of CAF World Cup qualifying will be held in Cairo, on the 24th of June.
Arsenal take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, in the 33rd round of the English Premier League, before taking on West Bromwich Albion four days later.