Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Mohamed Elneny: Our next goal is reaching the World Cup
Speaking to Arsenal TV, Elneny expressed his delight at representing the Egypt National team, especially after the latest African Cup of Nations qualifiers encounters against Nigeria.
“We are 100 million Egyptians, and every single one of us dreams of getting called up to the national team. Therefore, I’m extremely happy whenever I get called up,” he said.
The 23-year-old then expressed his satisfaction after getting closer to reaching the 2017 African Cup of Nations after coming out on top in the double header against Nigeria last month.
“We didn’t qualify for the last three AFCONs. However, we are so close this time after beating Nigeria. Therefore, I’m very happy and looking forward to competing for the title. Hopefully, my next step with the national team is reaching the World Cup.”
The draw for the final stage of CAF World Cup qualifying will be held in Cairo, on the 24th of June.
Arsenal take on Crystal Palace on Sunday, in the 33rd round of the English Premier League, before taking on West Bromwich Albion four days later.