Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Sam Morsy features as Doncaster end Wigan’s unbeaten run
Morsy started the game, as Gary Caldwell has named an unchanged Wigan team from the one who won 1-0 against Coventry last weekend.
The first half began with both sides getting several scoring opportunities, but Wigan fans had to wait for their team’s first goal as the visitors lacked accuracy in their final touch.
Four minutes before half-time, The Latics opened the scoreline through Will Grigg. The Irish converted Yanic Wildschut’s cross into the net, scoring his 23rd goal of the season.
In the second half, Doncaster responded by scoring twice in just four minutes by the centre-back Andy Butler in the 50 and 54 minutes to make it 2-1 to Rovers.
The Latics pushed for the equalizer but continued to miss chances as Max Power, Sam Morsy and Michael Jacobs failed to convert their chances.
Sam Morsy was replaced by former Manchester City and Bolton Wanderers forward Craig Davies in the 72nd minute to improve Wigan’s attacking options.
In 85th minute, Wigan paid the price for missed chances as Andy Williams scored his side’s third goal from the spot, after David Perkins tackled McSheffrey to give the referee no choice but to award the hosts a penalty, as well as sending him off.
The loss means Wigan’s run of 20 unbeaten matches came to an end. The Latics are currently 3-points clear at the top of the table.
The Latics next game will be against 2nd placed Burton Albion away on April 19, while Doncaster will face Chesterfield on the same day.