Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Tarek El Ashry flees Sudan
El-Ashry took over back in February with Al-Hilal Omdurman being the third team he has managed this season after being sacked twice by UAE’s Al Shaab & Arab Contractors.
The Sudanese club confirmed on their facebook page, regarding the actions of the Egyptian manager and fitness coach as being ‘irresponsible’.
El-Ashry did not justify his decision, saying that he has his own personal reasons.
Al-Hilal’s fitness coach Abdel-Halim Kamel, who returned back with El-Ashry, spoke to Yallakora about the incident saying that the coach apologized and stepped down.
Kamal justified El-Ashry’s actions by explaining how the latter feels regarding Hilal’s exist from the CAF Champions League.
“El-Ashry believes that he is unjustly blamed for Al-Hilal’s leaving the CAF Champions League; given that he took charge only 20 days before the kick-off of the African competition,” Kamal said.
Libyan outfits Al-Ahli SC (Tripoli) were able to qualify over the Sudanese side with a 2-2 result on aggregate; taking advantage of away goals rule.
Moreover, Kamal added that foreign players were replaced by others from the youth team because of their poor performance.