Héctor Cúper spoke about Abdel-Shafy’s situation, Elneny and Kahraba ahead of Egypt’s crucial encounter...
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
Tarek El Ashry flees Sudan
El-Ashry took over back in February with Al-Hilal Omdurman being the third team he has managed this season after being sacked twice by UAE’s Al Shaab & Arab Contractors.
The Sudanese club confirmed on their facebook page, regarding the actions of the Egyptian manager and fitness coach as being ‘irresponsible’.
El-Ashry did not justify his decision, saying that he has his own personal reasons.
Al-Hilal’s fitness coach Abdel-Halim Kamel, who returned back with El-Ashry, spoke to Yallakora about the incident saying that the coach apologized and stepped down.
Kamal justified El-Ashry’s actions by explaining how the latter feels regarding Hilal’s exist from the CAF Champions League.
“El-Ashry believes that he is unjustly blamed for Al-Hilal’s leaving the CAF Champions League; given that he took charge only 20 days before the kick-off of the African competition,” Kamal said.
Libyan outfits Al-Ahli SC (Tripoli) were able to qualify over the Sudanese side with a 2-2 result on aggregate; taking advantage of away goals rule.
Moreover, Kamal added that foreign players were replaced by others from the youth team because of their poor performance.