Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Marwan El Shorbagy wins Grasshopper 2016
Marwan el Shorbagy wins the 2016 Grasshopper cup, after defeating world no.2 and defending champion Grégory Gaultier in the final on Sunday.
Marwan el Shorbagy emerged victorious in the final on Sunday, beating world no.2 Gaultier for the first time and lifting the biggest title of his career till date.
Shorbagy reached the final without dropping a single game, overcoming world no.31 Nicolas Muller in the quarterfinals and world no.7 Simon Rosner in the semis.
Gaultier nicked the first game 11-6 as he pressured Shorbagy, but the latter turned the match upside down. He upped his level and managed to take the second and third game 13-11 and 11-9 respectively.
Gaultier took the fourth game 11-9 to force a decider which Shorbagy won 11-6.
“This is the biggest win of my career – I’m not sure what to say – I’m just over the moon,” said El Shorbagy in his post match interview on PSA’s official website.
“To beat the World Champion is something I will never forget. I’ve been training very hard recently and there have been a lot of people, coaches, friends and family that have been pushing me and their support is vital.” he added.
The Grasshopper champion then concluded his interview, “I loved every single second of being here and it was a great tournament. Squash is nothing without the crowd and they have been excellent this week.”