Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Marwan El Shorbagy wins Grasshopper 2016
Marwan el Shorbagy wins the 2016 Grasshopper cup, after defeating world no.2 and defending champion Grégory Gaultier in the final on Sunday.
Marwan el Shorbagy emerged victorious in the final on Sunday, beating world no.2 Gaultier for the first time and lifting the biggest title of his career till date.
Shorbagy reached the final without dropping a single game, overcoming world no.31 Nicolas Muller in the quarterfinals and world no.7 Simon Rosner in the semis.
Gaultier nicked the first game 11-6 as he pressured Shorbagy, but the latter turned the match upside down. He upped his level and managed to take the second and third game 13-11 and 11-9 respectively.
Gaultier took the fourth game 11-9 to force a decider which Shorbagy won 11-6.
“This is the biggest win of my career – I’m not sure what to say – I’m just over the moon,” said El Shorbagy in his post match interview on PSA’s official website.
“To beat the World Champion is something I will never forget. I’ve been training very hard recently and there have been a lot of people, coaches, friends and family that have been pushing me and their support is vital.” he added.
The Grasshopper champion then concluded his interview, “I loved every single second of being here and it was a great tournament. Squash is nothing without the crowd and they have been excellent this week.”