Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Amro Tarek makes debut in Crew’s 3-2 win
Egyptian left back Amro Tarek made his debut for Columbus Crew on Saturday evening, featuring for five minutes to hold out a 3-2 win over New York City FC.
Although Amro did play in in a preseason match for the club, he did not feature in the first five league games for the Crew. He was called into action tonight against David Villa and Andrea Pirlo’s New York City FC.
Crew broke the deadlock in the seventh minute through Ethan Finley, but David Villa tied the game eight minutes later. Sierra Leonean striker Kei Kamara put Crew ahead again after halftime, and Justin Meram added another goal in the 80th minute.
New York City FC were awarded a penalty in the 87th minute, and Crew defender Michael Parkhurst was sent off. David Villa converted the ensuing spot kick.
Amro Tarek replaced Federico Higuaín in an attempt to shore up the defense and maintain their lead in the dying minutes.
Crew secured their first win of the season over Patrick Vieira’s NYCFC.
Amro Tarek was born in Los Angeles, USA, and previously played with Chivas USA Reserves in the MLS Reserve League against Portland Timbers Reserves.
Amro has yet to be called up to the Egyptian national team, but has previously represented the Pharaohs at the U-20 level.