Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Amro Tarek makes debut in Crew’s 3-2 win
Egyptian left back Amro Tarek made his debut for Columbus Crew on Saturday evening, featuring for five minutes to hold out a 3-2 win over New York City FC.
Although Amro did play in in a preseason match for the club, he did not feature in the first five league games for the Crew. He was called into action tonight against David Villa and Andrea Pirlo’s New York City FC.
Crew broke the deadlock in the seventh minute through Ethan Finley, but David Villa tied the game eight minutes later. Sierra Leonean striker Kei Kamara put Crew ahead again after halftime, and Justin Meram added another goal in the 80th minute.
New York City FC were awarded a penalty in the 87th minute, and Crew defender Michael Parkhurst was sent off. David Villa converted the ensuing spot kick.
Amro Tarek replaced Federico Higuaín in an attempt to shore up the defense and maintain their lead in the dying minutes.
Crew secured their first win of the season over Patrick Vieira’s NYCFC.
Amro Tarek was born in Los Angeles, USA, and previously played with Chivas USA Reserves in the MLS Reserve League against Portland Timbers Reserves.
Amro has yet to be called up to the Egyptian national team, but has previously represented the Pharaohs at the U-20 level.