Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Arsenal lose more ground after draw with Crystal Palace
Egypt international midfielder Mohamed Elneny played 84 minutes as he was subbed off for Theo Walcott right after the guests’ late goal.
Arsenal XI: Cech; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Elneny, Ozil; Sanchez, Iwobi, Welbeck.
Crystal Palace XI: Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Delaney, Souaré; Cabaye, Jedinak, Ledley; Bolasie, Wickham, Puncheon.
Arsenal dominated the midfield battle in the first half, yet they had few scoring chances. The first half seemed likely to end goalless until Alexis Sánchez opened the scoring just before the break. The 27-year-old received a pass from Danny Welbeck to loop a header over the advancing Hennessey.
Despite dominating possession, the Gunners failed to double their lead. Mesut Özil missed Arsenal’s most important chance in the second half as he curled a freekick just few inches wide of the post. Sanchez also came close to scoring his second of the game, yet he failed to capitalise.
As the hosts failed to create clear-cut chances, Crystal Palace managed to level the scoreline. Yannick Bolasie scored in the 82nd minute as he cut inside from the left flank firing the ball past Petr Cech at the near post.
Right after the goal, Elneny was replaced by Theo Walcott in an attempt by Arsenal to retake the lead. The hosts however failed to score in the remaining minutes, ending the game in a 1-1 draw.
Arsenal draw level on points with Manchester City, yet remain fourth due to goal difference. They are five points clear of second-placed Tottenham Hotspur and four points clear of Manchester United in the fourth place.
They will host West Bromwich Albion, who sit in the 14th position, on April 21.