KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
FC Porto thrash CD Nacional to end goal drought
FC Porto bounced back from a run of two league matches without a win with a resounding victory over CD Nacional. The Portuguese giants netted two goals in each half to defeat Aly Ghazal’s side.
It took only two minutes for FC Porto to open the scoring. Varela got into space and curled the ball into the far left. The goal ended a run of 225 minutes without a goal for the Portuguese side. There was little room to breathe for, Ghazal’s, CD Nacional as Porto doubled their lead. Captain Herrera scored the second in the ninth minute to put the match firmly under Porto’s control.
The home side continued attacking their opponents. CD Nacional was lucky not to fall more than two goals behind after coming under relentless pressure from the hosts. Goalkeeper Silva kept the score respectable for the visitors.
Aly Ghazal was subbed off, for Luis Aurelio, at the beginning of the second half. The change did not bring about the desired attacking impetus. Porto carried on from where they left.
Hector Herrera continued to deliver his man-of-the-match performance as he drew a save from Nacional’s goalkeeper. The third goal finally came for Porto. Danilo Pereira headed home from close range in the 67th minute to make it 3-0. CD Nacional had a sniff of goal courtesy of, Ghazal’s sub, Aurelio but his effort was easily thwarted by Casillas.
Cameroonian Vincent Aboubakar rounded off the score, for 4-0, with five minutes to go. His goal came from an offside position that didn’t affect the results too much.
The win moved, third placed, Porto’s tally to 64 points in the Primeira Liga. Meanwhile CD Nacional sit at midtable, ninth place, on 37 points. They next face Moreirense at home.