AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Al Hilal president slams ex-manager Tarek El-Ashry
Al-Hilal Omdurman president Ashraf Kardinal has attacked former manager Tarek El-Ashry for leaving the club without notifying the board of directors.
El-Ashry left Al Hilal under controversial circumstances over the weekend, despite the fact that the team led the league standings after 13 weeks.
“Tarek El-Ashry fled. I apologize to all Hilal fans that we appointed a manager with El-Ashry’s [lack of] manners and ethics, He did not keep the secrets of the place he worked for.” Kardinal told TV channel LTC.
“El-Ashry had a specific job to do but failed to do it; he also created a lot of problems inside the club. It’s not true that the board interfered with his work and now he has to pay the release clause which is 20,000 dollars or the club will issue a complaint to FIFA,” he continued.
Al Kerdinal also stated that El-Ashry has harmed the image of Egyptian football: “El-Ashry is a terrible ambassador for Egyptian football; he was sacked at UAE side Al-Shaab. He is one of the worst managers on the technical and ethical levels because he talks about his teams’ secrets on TV.
“I apologise to the Egyptian people for talking about an Egyptian in this way, but he has spoiled the image of Egypt,” Kardinal exclaimed.
It’s worth noting that Al Hilal were knocked out from this season’s CAF Champions League at the hands of Libyan side Al-Ahli Tripoli.