Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Warda’s Panetolikos end season with draw
Amr Warda featured as Panetolikos settled for a goalless draw against Iraklis at Kaftanzoglio Stadiumv on the final round of the Greece Super League season on Sunday.
Paneitolikos were eyeing for amendments of their previous 5-2 loss at home to leaders Olympiacos. The task was not easy against their contenders, who had won their previous two games, hence they settled for a share of the spoils.
Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda turned for Panetolikos but did not finish the game. He paved way for his fellow African Clesio Bauque from Mozambique with seven minutes to full time.
The game ended in a draw leading Panetolikos to finish the season in the eleventh place. Panetolikos could have finished a position higher, but Levadiak stunned second-placed and Gus Poyet’s AEK Athens 3-0 to push Panetolikos down.
Iraklis draw level on points with Panetolikos – both on 35 points – yet Warda’s side have the upper hand on goal difference. Warda, who joined the Greek side during the 2015 summer transfer window, scored five goals during the league campaign.
League champions Olympiakos, who clinched their 43rd league title in February, ended their campaign 28 points ahead of second-place AEK, with 28 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.