An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Warda’s Panetolikos end season with draw
Amr Warda featured as Panetolikos settled for a goalless draw against Iraklis at Kaftanzoglio Stadiumv on the final round of the Greece Super League season on Sunday.
Paneitolikos were eyeing for amendments of their previous 5-2 loss at home to leaders Olympiacos. The task was not easy against their contenders, who had won their previous two games, hence they settled for a share of the spoils.
Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda turned for Panetolikos but did not finish the game. He paved way for his fellow African Clesio Bauque from Mozambique with seven minutes to full time.
The game ended in a draw leading Panetolikos to finish the season in the eleventh place. Panetolikos could have finished a position higher, but Levadiak stunned second-placed and Gus Poyet’s AEK Athens 3-0 to push Panetolikos down.
Iraklis draw level on points with Panetolikos – both on 35 points – yet Warda’s side have the upper hand on goal difference. Warda, who joined the Greek side during the 2015 summer transfer window, scored five goals during the league campaign.
League champions Olympiakos, who clinched their 43rd league title in February, ended their campaign 28 points ahead of second-place AEK, with 28 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.