Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Warda’s Panetolikos end season with draw
Amr Warda featured as Panetolikos settled for a goalless draw against Iraklis at Kaftanzoglio Stadiumv on the final round of the Greece Super League season on Sunday.
Paneitolikos were eyeing for amendments of their previous 5-2 loss at home to leaders Olympiacos. The task was not easy against their contenders, who had won their previous two games, hence they settled for a share of the spoils.
Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda turned for Panetolikos but did not finish the game. He paved way for his fellow African Clesio Bauque from Mozambique with seven minutes to full time.
The game ended in a draw leading Panetolikos to finish the season in the eleventh place. Panetolikos could have finished a position higher, but Levadiak stunned second-placed and Gus Poyet’s AEK Athens 3-0 to push Panetolikos down.
Iraklis draw level on points with Panetolikos – both on 35 points – yet Warda’s side have the upper hand on goal difference. Warda, who joined the Greek side during the 2015 summer transfer window, scored five goals during the league campaign.
League champions Olympiakos, who clinched their 43rd league title in February, ended their campaign 28 points ahead of second-place AEK, with 28 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss.