Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: Bassem Ali not for sale
Media speculation suggested that Ali might be leaving Al Ahly due to lack of participation, but Abdel-Hafiz put these rumors to bed.
He confirmed Martin Jol’s full belief in the abilities and qualities of the former Arab Contractors star and stated that he is “one of the most committed players in the squad on and off the pitch”.
“Ali’s lack of participation is due to the busy match schedule and the keenness of the Dutch manager to keep a stable starting eleven, especially that he took over in the middle of the season,” Abdel-Hafiz told Al Ahly official website.
He however said that Ali would definitely get his chance and will then be able to prove his abilities. He also added that he hasn’t received any offers for Ali, asserting that the player is “not for sale”.
The Ahly right-back, who joined the Red Castle in 2014 on a five-year deal, has confirmed Abdel-Hafiz’s statements making it clear that his intention is to remain at Al Ahly.
“It’s an honour to be playing for Al Ahly and I totally respect Martin Jol’s decisions,” Ali said.
He denied rumors that linked him with a move to his previous team Arab Contractors, saying that he is going to stick with the Red Devils.
“I am waiting for a chance to get playing time and I will continue to train seriously. I won’t ask to leave Al Ahly and I will prove my abilities,” the 27 year-old concluded.