Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Ibrahim Said talks about Al Ahly and Zamalek
In an interview with Almasryalyoum Ibrahim Said talked about a lot of things most importantly his talent and the reasons behind leaving Egypt giants, Al Ahly and Zamalek.
“The media started spreading rumors to distort my image and to get me suspended. The Ahly media were leaking false news about me and the fans believed them, that is why I decided to not renew my contract with Al Ahly and to join Zamalek,”
“El Khatib had called me when I was in meeting with Zamalek officials to convince me to stay but I refused as I had gave Zamalek my word, that was when he and Hassan Hamdy decided to try and destroy me,”
“Mamdouh Abbas wanted me to sign a fine worth 1.7 million pounds which meant I’d play for Zamalek without getting paid. I decided to leave the Whites and to try playing in Europe,”
When asked about his talent he said: “My football talent will not be witnessed again, I am a phenomena and there is no one that can succeed me in my position. My successor has not been born yet.”
Ibrahim Said played at Al Ahly for five years, participating in 76 matches and scored 18 goals, on the other hand, he appeared in 27 matches scoring 4 goals in his two-year spell with Zamalek.