Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Ibrahim Said talks about Al Ahly and Zamalek
In an interview with Almasryalyoum Ibrahim Said talked about a lot of things most importantly his talent and the reasons behind leaving Egypt giants, Al Ahly and Zamalek.
“The media started spreading rumors to distort my image and to get me suspended. The Ahly media were leaking false news about me and the fans believed them, that is why I decided to not renew my contract with Al Ahly and to join Zamalek,”
“El Khatib had called me when I was in meeting with Zamalek officials to convince me to stay but I refused as I had gave Zamalek my word, that was when he and Hassan Hamdy decided to try and destroy me,”
“Mamdouh Abbas wanted me to sign a fine worth 1.7 million pounds which meant I’d play for Zamalek without getting paid. I decided to leave the Whites and to try playing in Europe,”
When asked about his talent he said: “My football talent will not be witnessed again, I am a phenomena and there is no one that can succeed me in my position. My successor has not been born yet.”
Ibrahim Said played at Al Ahly for five years, participating in 76 matches and scored 18 goals, on the other hand, he appeared in 27 matches scoring 4 goals in his two-year spell with Zamalek.