The Egypt U-20 National Team drew their second game at AFCON after...
- Egypt U-20 National Team draw second game in a row at AFCON
- Ghana: World Cup hopes destroyed with Grant
- CAF to honor former Al Ahly chairman Hassan Hamdy
- EXCLUSIVE: Sam Morsy called up to Egypt squad
- Egypt court sentences 4 Ultras Ahlawy members to 15 years in prison
- Elneny speaks about his first Arsenal start against Spurs
- Stoke chairman excuses Ramadan from criticism after Spurs defeat
- Mohamed Ashraf scores as El-Gaish down Al Masry
- Hamoudi included in Al Ahly squad against Dakhleya
- Elmohamady: It’s going to be difficult at Leicester
Ibrahim Said talks about Ahmed El-Merghany
Ibrahim Said was the only person who gave Merghany a second chance after Wadi Degla terminated El-Merghany’s contract for criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. Following this incident no Egyptian club would sign Merghany except for Ibrahim Said’s third tier club Goldi.
When asked about signing El-Merghany Said responded: “No one would sign him and all clubs abandoned him for his mistake. He should be punished but not destroyed,”
“This reminded me of El Gohary and Hassan Shehata when they stood by me and called me up for the National Team. In El Gohary’s reign I had just left Al Ahly and was suspended by the EFA for a year and Shehata called me up after I was criticized and left Zamalek in 2006 but he had faith in me,”
After graduating from Zamalek’s youth academy, Merghany played for the Whites for six years of which he was loaned out in three of them before Wadi Degla bought him in 2014.