Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Ibrahim Said talks about Ahmed El-Merghany
Ex-Egypt international Ibrahim Said talked to Almasryalyoum about signing Ex-Wadi Degla Ahmed El-Meghany who was sacked after criticizing President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on Facebook.
Ibrahim Said was the only person who gave Merghany a second chance after Wadi Degla terminated El-Merghany’s contract for criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. Following this incident no Egyptian club would sign Merghany except for Ibrahim Said’s third tier club Goldi.
When asked about signing El-Merghany Said responded: “No one would sign him and all clubs abandoned him for his mistake. He should be punished but not destroyed,”
“This reminded me of El Gohary and Hassan Shehata when they stood by me and called me up for the National Team. In El Gohary’s reign I had just left Al Ahly and was suspended by the EFA for a year and Shehata called me up after I was criticized and left Zamalek in 2006 but he had faith in me,”
After graduating from Zamalek’s youth academy, Merghany played for the Whites for six years of which he was loaned out in three of them before Wadi Degla bought him in 2014.