Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Ibrahim Said talks about Ahmed El-Merghany
Ex-Egypt international Ibrahim Said talked to Almasryalyoum about signing Ex-Wadi Degla Ahmed El-Meghany who was sacked after criticizing President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on Facebook.
Ibrahim Said was the only person who gave Merghany a second chance after Wadi Degla terminated El-Merghany’s contract for criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. Following this incident no Egyptian club would sign Merghany except for Ibrahim Said’s third tier club Goldi.
When asked about signing El-Merghany Said responded: “No one would sign him and all clubs abandoned him for his mistake. He should be punished but not destroyed,”
“This reminded me of El Gohary and Hassan Shehata when they stood by me and called me up for the National Team. In El Gohary’s reign I had just left Al Ahly and was suspended by the EFA for a year and Shehata called me up after I was criticized and left Zamalek in 2006 but he had faith in me,”
After graduating from Zamalek’s youth academy, Merghany played for the Whites for six years of which he was loaned out in three of them before Wadi Degla bought him in 2014.