Zamalek have recorded back-to-back Premier League wins after defeating Al Masry 1-0 in...
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
Ibrahim Said talks about Ahmed El-Merghany
Ex-Egypt international Ibrahim Said talked to Almasryalyoum about signing Ex-Wadi Degla Ahmed El-Meghany who was sacked after criticizing President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi on Facebook.
Ibrahim Said was the only person who gave Merghany a second chance after Wadi Degla terminated El-Merghany’s contract for criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. Following this incident no Egyptian club would sign Merghany except for Ibrahim Said’s third tier club Goldi.
When asked about signing El-Merghany Said responded: “No one would sign him and all clubs abandoned him for his mistake. He should be punished but not destroyed,”
“This reminded me of El Gohary and Hassan Shehata when they stood by me and called me up for the National Team. In El Gohary’s reign I had just left Al Ahly and was suspended by the EFA for a year and Shehata called me up after I was criticized and left Zamalek in 2006 but he had faith in me,”
After graduating from Zamalek’s youth academy, Merghany played for the Whites for six years of which he was loaned out in three of them before Wadi Degla bought him in 2014.