Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
Ibrahim Said talks about Ahmed El-Merghany
Ibrahim Said was the only person who gave Merghany a second chance after Wadi Degla terminated El-Merghany’s contract for criticizing Egypt’s president El-Sisi on his personal Facebook account. Following this incident no Egyptian club would sign Merghany except for Ibrahim Said’s third tier club Goldi.
When asked about signing El-Merghany Said responded: “No one would sign him and all clubs abandoned him for his mistake. He should be punished but not destroyed,”
“This reminded me of El Gohary and Hassan Shehata when they stood by me and called me up for the National Team. In El Gohary’s reign I had just left Al Ahly and was suspended by the EFA for a year and Shehata called me up after I was criticized and left Zamalek in 2006 but he had faith in me,”
After graduating from Zamalek’s youth academy, Merghany played for the Whites for six years of which he was loaned out in three of them before Wadi Degla bought him in 2014.