Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Roma discuss Salah situation ahead of Regeni campaign
The Italian parliament’s human rights committee has launched a campaign aimed at revealing the truth behind the death of Giulio Regeni, where all Italian teams are to walk out on the pitch with “Truth for Giulio” banners in protest of the death of the Italian Student in Egypt.
News reports have suggested that Roma demanded to be exempted from the campaign set to take place in the 35th gameweek of the league, in order to protect their Egyptian starlet Mohamed Salah from any embarrassment or criticism.
In addition, FIFA Executive Committee member Hany Abou-Rida announced that Roma would refrain from participating in the campaign. Sabatini however confirmed Roma’s support for the initiative, while asserting that they will protect Salah.
“Roma fully support those initiatives, because we share the general feeling about the Regeni case,” Sabatini told Mediaset Premium.
“There is an ongoing kind of manipulation on behalf of Salah, who didn’t do anything wrong.
“He will not be improperly involved in these situations because he is a good guy and we’ll be alert to protect him,” he concluded.
Roma are set for an important encounter with Napoli on the day of the protests.