Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Roma discuss Salah situation ahead of Regeni campaign
The Italian parliament’s human rights committee has launched a campaign aimed at revealing the truth behind the death of Giulio Regeni, where all Italian teams are to walk out on the pitch with “Truth for Giulio” banners in protest of the death of the Italian Student in Egypt.
News reports have suggested that Roma demanded to be exempted from the campaign set to take place in the 35th gameweek of the league, in order to protect their Egyptian starlet Mohamed Salah from any embarrassment or criticism.
In addition, FIFA Executive Committee member Hany Abou-Rida announced that Roma would refrain from participating in the campaign. Sabatini however confirmed Roma’s support for the initiative, while asserting that they will protect Salah.
“Roma fully support those initiatives, because we share the general feeling about the Regeni case,” Sabatini told Mediaset Premium.
“There is an ongoing kind of manipulation on behalf of Salah, who didn’t do anything wrong.
“He will not be improperly involved in these situations because he is a good guy and we’ll be alert to protect him,” he concluded.
Roma are set for an important encounter with Napoli on the day of the protests.