Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Egypt deny Malawi friendly
Nabih has denied the friendly that was supposed to take place on May 30th as per FIFA match calendar on FIFA’s official website. Although FIFA had officially announced the friendly, the Egyptian Football Federation hadn’t confirmed it. “The decision is final, we will not face Malawi,” Nabih asserted.
“Egypt did not send FIFA any letters saying who we’ll play in the friendly nor has it sent anything saying that we will play a friendly,”
“We are planning to play a friendly before our encounter with Tanzania, but we haven’t informed FIFA of anything yet.”
Egypt are set to face Tanzania on June 4th in their last game in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifiers, needing only one point to officially qualify for the finals in Gabon.