Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Elneny: I only needed three weeks to adapt
Having signed in January, many people thought it would take Elneny up to months in order to adapt not only to Arsenal’s style of play, but to the intensity of the Premier League.
Speaking to Arsenal official website, the 23-year-old central midfielder elaborated on the time he told himself he would need in order to adapt to his new environment.
Elneny has already become a crucial part to Arsenal’s midfield, starting over the likes of Ramsey, while breaking a record for the most passes in a single match this season.
“I was [able to settle] because God helped give me the strength to adapt to my situation. I know it is not easy but God gave me the strength to adapt quickly,” he said.
“Some said I would find it hard to adapt to the physicality of the Premier League but I thought otherwise. I even told my agent to give me three weeks to show him how well I could adapt. I know I can adapt to all kinds of people and every league I play in.
The Egyptian international went on to comment on the league and his new life in England, stating his reasons behind ranking the Premier League as “the best in the world”.
“The Premier League is the best and strongest league in the world because there are so many surprising results. It is difficult to compare it to the Swiss and Egyptian leagues because everyone knows that the Premier League is the best.
“It is amazing. Everything is wonderful, from the fans to the style of play. I enjoy playing for Arsenal so much. It’s a different kind of football, it’s faster and first class,” he concluded.
It is worth nothing that Arsenal’s next match is on April 21 against West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.