Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Gomaa, Antwi excluded from Al Ahly squad for Young Africans
The Red Devils will host the Tanzanian side on Wednesday at 19:30 CLT. Al Ahly will go into the game with high hopes to advance to the next stage, after the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw.
Jol excluded Saleh Gomaa, Ahmed El-Sheikh and John Antwi as well as Bassem Ali, Mohamed Naguib and Ahmed Hamdy from the squad. The six players were left out due to technical reasons.
In addition, Al Ahly keeper Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim continued to miss due to injury.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Hussein El-Sayed, Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany and Sabry Rahil.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ahsour, Abdallah El-Said, Mo’men Zakaria, Walid Soliman, Ramadan Sobhy and Amr El-Sulaya.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Malick Evouna and Emad Meteb.
A goalless draw or a victory on Wednesday would secure Al Ahly a spot in the group stage of the African tournament.