Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Gomaa, Antwi excluded from Al Ahly squad for Young Africans
The Red Devils will host the Tanzanian side on Wednesday at 19:30 CLT. Al Ahly will go into the game with high hopes to advance to the next stage, after the first leg ended in a 1-1 draw.
Jol excluded Saleh Gomaa, Ahmed El-Sheikh and John Antwi as well as Bassem Ali, Mohamed Naguib and Ahmed Hamdy from the squad. The six players were left out due to technical reasons.
In addition, Al Ahly keeper Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim continued to miss due to injury.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Saad Samir, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Hussein El-Sayed, Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany and Sabry Rahil.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ahsour, Abdallah El-Said, Mo’men Zakaria, Walid Soliman, Ramadan Sobhy and Amr El-Sulaya.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Malick Evouna and Emad Meteb.
A goalless draw or a victory on Wednesday would secure Al Ahly a spot in the group stage of the African tournament.