Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
McLeish talks group stage draw, Kahraba and El-Shennawy
“I am happy with defeating MO Béjaïa who are a strong team that enjoy a great team spirit and a huge desire to win,” McLeish told reporters on Wednesday.
He also added that his team played the match under difficult conditions as the fans of the Algerian side were loud through out the entire 90 minutes.
“I don’t care about the draw or what teams we get, the MO Béjaïa match was the bottleneck and winning it will give the team the motives to advance to the next stages and fight for the trophy,” he added.
The Scottish manager has expressed his surprise of the criticism that Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ has been getting; confirming that the role the Zamalek forward plays is instrumental.
“He is an outstanding player who does what he is asked and I am surprised that people are annoyed that I play him as a lone striker,” he added.
The 57-year-old also praised the team’s goalkeepers Ahmed El-Shennawy and Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim “Gennesh”, as his side clinched the draw thanks to the heroic saves of both keepers.
“They are two of the best goalkeepers in the league and as they shine, they manage to boost the squad’s confidence,” he concluded.