KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Karim Hafez features as Omonia advance to Cyprus Cup final
After a goalless draw in the first leg in GZC Stadium in Larnaca, Omonia entered the game with hopes of securing their place in the final for the first time since 2012, when they won the tournament.
The game went remarkably similar to the first leg, as both teams failed to find the net during the 90 minutes. As the game ended goalless, the two teams were forced to play 30 minutes of extra time.
The scoreline remained 0-0 after the extra time and the match went to a penalty shootout. Omonia scored all five spot-kicks and won 5-3.
Omonia will face Apollon Limasol in the final, which is scheduled to take place on May 18.