AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Karim Hafez features as Omonia advance to Cyprus Cup final
After a goalless draw in the first leg in GZC Stadium in Larnaca, Omonia entered the game with hopes of securing their place in the final for the first time since 2012, when they won the tournament.
The game went remarkably similar to the first leg, as both teams failed to find the net during the 90 minutes. As the game ended goalless, the two teams were forced to play 30 minutes of extra time.
The scoreline remained 0-0 after the extra time and the match went to a penalty shootout. Omonia scored all five spot-kicks and won 5-3.
Omonia will face Apollon Limasol in the final, which is scheduled to take place on May 18.