Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Karim Hafez features as Omonia advance to Cyprus Cup final
After a goalless draw in the first leg in GZC Stadium in Larnaca, Omonia entered the game with hopes of securing their place in the final for the first time since 2012, when they won the tournament.
The game went remarkably similar to the first leg, as both teams failed to find the net during the 90 minutes. As the game ended goalless, the two teams were forced to play 30 minutes of extra time.
The scoreline remained 0-0 after the extra time and the match went to a penalty shootout. Omonia scored all five spot-kicks and won 5-3.
Omonia will face Apollon Limasol in the final, which is scheduled to take place on May 18.