Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Official: Tanta among three teams promoted to Egyptian Premier League
The three teams were able to defeat Damanhour, Tersana and Assiouty Sport respectively to earn a place in Egypt’s major league.
Tanta booked the first available place following a goalless draw against Damanhour, taking advantage of their 1 nil win in the first leg.
Penalty shootouts sent both Sharkia and Nasr Lel Taa’deen to the Premier League. The former defeated Tersana 6-5 as both legs ended 0-0 on aggregate, whereas the latter won 4-3 after drawing with Assiouty Sport 1-1 in both matches. Next season will be Nasr Lel Taa’deen’s first participation in the Premier League.
It is worth mentioning that Tanta will return to the Egyptian Premier League again for the first time since the 2006/2007 season, while Sharkia will participate for their fifth time after 16 years of absence.