ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Official: Tanta among three teams promoted to Egyptian Premier League
The three teams were able to defeat Damanhour, Tersana and Assiouty Sport respectively to earn a place in Egypt’s major league.
Tanta booked the first available place following a goalless draw against Damanhour, taking advantage of their 1 nil win in the first leg.
Penalty shootouts sent both Sharkia and Nasr Lel Taa’deen to the Premier League. The former defeated Tersana 6-5 as both legs ended 0-0 on aggregate, whereas the latter won 4-3 after drawing with Assiouty Sport 1-1 in both matches. Next season will be Nasr Lel Taa’deen’s first participation in the Premier League.
It is worth mentioning that Tanta will return to the Egyptian Premier League again for the first time since the 2006/2007 season, while Sharkia will participate for their fifth time after 16 years of absence.