Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Official: Tanta among three teams promoted to Egyptian Premier League
The three teams were able to defeat Damanhour, Tersana and Assiouty Sport respectively to earn a place in Egypt’s major league.
Tanta booked the first available place following a goalless draw against Damanhour, taking advantage of their 1 nil win in the first leg.
Penalty shootouts sent both Sharkia and Nasr Lel Taa’deen to the Premier League. The former defeated Tersana 6-5 as both legs ended 0-0 on aggregate, whereas the latter won 4-3 after drawing with Assiouty Sport 1-1 in both matches. Next season will be Nasr Lel Taa’deen’s first participation in the Premier League.
It is worth mentioning that Tanta will return to the Egyptian Premier League again for the first time since the 2006/2007 season, while Sharkia will participate for their fifth time after 16 years of absence.