Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Official: Tanta among three teams promoted to Egyptian Premier League
The three teams were able to defeat Damanhour, Tersana and Assiouty Sport respectively to earn a place in Egypt’s major league.
Tanta booked the first available place following a goalless draw against Damanhour, taking advantage of their 1 nil win in the first leg.
Penalty shootouts sent both Sharkia and Nasr Lel Taa’deen to the Premier League. The former defeated Tersana 6-5 as both legs ended 0-0 on aggregate, whereas the latter won 4-3 after drawing with Assiouty Sport 1-1 in both matches. Next season will be Nasr Lel Taa’deen’s first participation in the Premier League.
It is worth mentioning that Tanta will return to the Egyptian Premier League again for the first time since the 2006/2007 season, while Sharkia will participate for their fifth time after 16 years of absence.