Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Amr Barakat: I would like to play abroad
Misr El-Maqassa forward Amr Barakat has claimed that he would rather play abroad, than join Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
Speaking in a televised interview about the rumors linking him to Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek, Amr Barakat said: “It is definitely a step that any player would dream about, but I personally would like to play my football abroad.”
He went on to highlight an offer he received from a Romanian side that was rejected by the El-Maqassa board.
“I received an offer recently from a Romanian side which the club board rejected, because it was not acceptable to them. They told me that they did it, and it was fine by me because I trust the board.”
The forward was then asked if he where to choose between Al Ahly and Zamalek what would be his preference, but remained coy.
“I do not really think about offers now, I will sit with the board at the end of the season to discuss them,” Barakat concluded.