Mamelodi Sundowns have lodged a complaint with CAF against Zamalek after the hosts refused to...
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
- Egypt’s Aya Medany to join IOC’s Athletes’ Commission
- Egypt schedules and venues for 2017 AFCON announced
- Basel thumped in Paris
Amr Barakat: I would like to play abroad
Misr El-Maqassa forward Amr Barakat has claimed that he would rather play abroad, than join Cairo giants Al Ahly or Zamalek.
Speaking in a televised interview about the rumors linking him to Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek, Amr Barakat said: “It is definitely a step that any player would dream about, but I personally would like to play my football abroad.”
He went on to highlight an offer he received from a Romanian side that was rejected by the El-Maqassa board.
“I received an offer recently from a Romanian side which the club board rejected, because it was not acceptable to them. They told me that they did it, and it was fine by me because I trust the board.”
The forward was then asked if he where to choose between Al Ahly and Zamalek what would be his preference, but remained coy.
“I do not really think about offers now, I will sit with the board at the end of the season to discuss them,” Barakat concluded.