Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Amr Barakat: I would like to play abroad
Speaking in a televised interview about the rumors linking him to Cairo giants Al Ahly and Zamalek, Amr Barakat said: “It is definitely a step that any player would dream about, but I personally would like to play my football abroad.”
He went on to highlight an offer he received from a Romanian side that was rejected by the El-Maqassa board.
“I received an offer recently from a Romanian side which the club board rejected, because it was not acceptable to them. They told me that they did it, and it was fine by me because I trust the board.”
The forward was then asked if he where to choose between Al Ahly and Zamalek what would be his preference, but remained coy.
“I do not really think about offers now, I will sit with the board at the end of the season to discuss them,” Barakat concluded.