Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Futsal: Egypt reach AFCON final, qualify for World Cup
Egypt qualified for the semi-final after collecting seven points from three matches, as they finished top of their group and booked a meeting with Zambia in the semi-final.
The Pharaohs dominated the first half, and by the time the referee whistled for half-time, the score was 4-1.
Zambia team came roaring back in the second half, however, scoring three goals, but Egypt scored in the dying minutes of the match to seal the all-important win, which qualifies the Egypt national team to the tournament final as well as the Futsal World Cup, which will take place in Colombia between the 10th of September and the 1st of October.
Egypt will face Morocco in the African Cup of Nations final on Sunday for the second time in the competition, with the latter side winning the first encounter 3-2.