Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
OFFICIAL: Elmohamady’s Hull City miss out on automatic promotion
Following a 2-2 draw with Leeds United, Hull City’s participation in the promotion play-offs has been confirmed, with automatic promotion now mathematically impossible.
Ahmed Elmohamady sat on the Tigers’ bench for the second time this week, after his side’s 1-2 win away to Reading.
Chris Wood gave the visitors the lead in the 15th minute, but Abel Hernandez and Tom Huddlestone sent Hull into the break with a lead courtesy of late goals in the first period.
Just when it appeared the hosts would seal yet another win to keep their slim hopes of automatic promotion alive, Stuart Dallas equalised in the 88th minute to salvage a point for Leeds.
The draw means Hull City are now 10 points behind second-placed Middlesbrough with three matches left. As such, Steve Bruce’s men will participate in the Championship playoffs as they bid to make an instant return to the English Premier League.
The playoffs will kick off in mid-May, with the final scheduled for the 28th of the same month.