ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
OFFICIAL: Elmohamady’s Hull City miss out on automatic promotion
Following a 2-2 draw with Leeds United, Hull City’s participation in the promotion play-offs has been confirmed, with automatic promotion now mathematically impossible.
Ahmed Elmohamady sat on the Tigers’ bench for the second time this week, after his side’s 1-2 win away to Reading.
Chris Wood gave the visitors the lead in the 15th minute, but Abel Hernandez and Tom Huddlestone sent Hull into the break with a lead courtesy of late goals in the first period.
Just when it appeared the hosts would seal yet another win to keep their slim hopes of automatic promotion alive, Stuart Dallas equalised in the 88th minute to salvage a point for Leeds.
The draw means Hull City are now 10 points behind second-placed Middlesbrough with three matches left. As such, Steve Bruce’s men will participate in the Championship playoffs as they bid to make an instant return to the English Premier League.
The playoffs will kick off in mid-May, with the final scheduled for the 28th of the same month.