Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
OFFICIAL: Elmohamady’s Hull City miss out on automatic promotion
Following a 2-2 draw with Leeds United, Hull City’s participation in the promotion play-offs has been confirmed, with automatic promotion now mathematically impossible.
Ahmed Elmohamady sat on the Tigers’ bench for the second time this week, after his side’s 1-2 win away to Reading.
Chris Wood gave the visitors the lead in the 15th minute, but Abel Hernandez and Tom Huddlestone sent Hull into the break with a lead courtesy of late goals in the first period.
Just when it appeared the hosts would seal yet another win to keep their slim hopes of automatic promotion alive, Stuart Dallas equalised in the 88th minute to salvage a point for Leeds.
The draw means Hull City are now 10 points behind second-placed Middlesbrough with three matches left. As such, Steve Bruce’s men will participate in the Championship playoffs as they bid to make an instant return to the English Premier League.
The playoffs will kick off in mid-May, with the final scheduled for the 28th of the same month.