Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
OFFICIAL: Elmohamady’s Hull City miss out on automatic promotion
Following a 2-2 draw with Leeds United, Hull City’s participation in the promotion play-offs has been confirmed, with automatic promotion now mathematically impossible.
Ahmed Elmohamady sat on the Tigers’ bench for the second time this week, after his side’s 1-2 win away to Reading.
Chris Wood gave the visitors the lead in the 15th minute, but Abel Hernandez and Tom Huddlestone sent Hull into the break with a lead courtesy of late goals in the first period.
Just when it appeared the hosts would seal yet another win to keep their slim hopes of automatic promotion alive, Stuart Dallas equalised in the 88th minute to salvage a point for Leeds.
The draw means Hull City are now 10 points behind second-placed Middlesbrough with three matches left. As such, Steve Bruce’s men will participate in the Championship playoffs as they bid to make an instant return to the English Premier League.
The playoffs will kick off in mid-May, with the final scheduled for the 28th of the same month.