Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
OFFICIAL: Elmohamady’s Hull City miss out on automatic promotion
Following a 2-2 draw with Leeds United, Hull City’s participation in the promotion play-offs has been confirmed, with automatic promotion now mathematically impossible.
Ahmed Elmohamady sat on the Tigers’ bench for the second time this week, after his side’s 1-2 win away to Reading.
Chris Wood gave the visitors the lead in the 15th minute, but Abel Hernandez and Tom Huddlestone sent Hull into the break with a lead courtesy of late goals in the first period.
Just when it appeared the hosts would seal yet another win to keep their slim hopes of automatic promotion alive, Stuart Dallas equalised in the 88th minute to salvage a point for Leeds.
The draw means Hull City are now 10 points behind second-placed Middlesbrough with three matches left. As such, Steve Bruce’s men will participate in the Championship playoffs as they bid to make an instant return to the English Premier League.
The playoffs will kick off in mid-May, with the final scheduled for the 28th of the same month.