Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Mido Gaber: I signed for Al Ahly before moving to El-Maqassa
Gaber spoke in a televised interview about reported Al Ahly and Zamalek interest, and revealed that he actually signed for Al Ahly but the move failed to materialize.
“Al Ahly did negotiate with me to join them and I did sign a contract, but the move did not materialize in the end and I joined Misr El-Maqassa. They are a great and respectable team, and I hope to be successful with them,” the winger said.
“It is a privilege to be considered by those clubs, but I am honored to play for El-Maqassa; they are the team that made me famous and I want to repay their faith first.
“It is understandable that Al Ahly and Zamalek rarely sign players from the second division; they are great teams with big fan bases and they always look for players who are ‘ready’ to play for them,” Gaber concluded.