Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mido Gaber: I signed for Al Ahly before moving to El-Maqassa
Gaber spoke in a televised interview about reported Al Ahly and Zamalek interest, and revealed that he actually signed for Al Ahly but the move failed to materialize.
“Al Ahly did negotiate with me to join them and I did sign a contract, but the move did not materialize in the end and I joined Misr El-Maqassa. They are a great and respectable team, and I hope to be successful with them,” the winger said.
Gaber went on to highlight Al Ahly and Zamalek’s interest in him after his recent performances in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Confederation Cup.
“It is a privilege to be considered by those clubs, but I am honored to play for El-Maqassa; they are the team that made me famous and I want to repay their faith first.
“It is understandable that Al Ahly and Zamalek rarely sign players from the second division; they are great teams with big fan bases and they always look for players who are ‘ready’ to play for them,” Gaber concluded.