Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Mido Gaber: I signed for Al Ahly before moving to El-Maqassa
Gaber spoke in a televised interview about reported Al Ahly and Zamalek interest, and revealed that he actually signed for Al Ahly but the move failed to materialize.
“Al Ahly did negotiate with me to join them and I did sign a contract, but the move did not materialize in the end and I joined Misr El-Maqassa. They are a great and respectable team, and I hope to be successful with them,” the winger said.
Gaber went on to highlight Al Ahly and Zamalek’s interest in him after his recent performances in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Confederation Cup.
“It is a privilege to be considered by those clubs, but I am honored to play for El-Maqassa; they are the team that made me famous and I want to repay their faith first.
“It is understandable that Al Ahly and Zamalek rarely sign players from the second division; they are great teams with big fan bases and they always look for players who are ‘ready’ to play for them,” Gaber concluded.