Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Mido Gaber: I signed for Al Ahly before moving to El-Maqassa
Gaber spoke in a televised interview about reported Al Ahly and Zamalek interest, and revealed that he actually signed for Al Ahly but the move failed to materialize.
“Al Ahly did negotiate with me to join them and I did sign a contract, but the move did not materialize in the end and I joined Misr El-Maqassa. They are a great and respectable team, and I hope to be successful with them,” the winger said.
Gaber went on to highlight Al Ahly and Zamalek’s interest in him after his recent performances in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Confederation Cup.
“It is a privilege to be considered by those clubs, but I am honored to play for El-Maqassa; they are the team that made me famous and I want to repay their faith first.
“It is understandable that Al Ahly and Zamalek rarely sign players from the second division; they are great teams with big fan bases and they always look for players who are ‘ready’ to play for them,” Gaber concluded.