Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
Mido Gaber: I signed for Al Ahly before moving to El-Maqassa
Gaber spoke in a televised interview about reported Al Ahly and Zamalek interest, and revealed that he actually signed for Al Ahly but the move failed to materialize.
“Al Ahly did negotiate with me to join them and I did sign a contract, but the move did not materialize in the end and I joined Misr El-Maqassa. They are a great and respectable team, and I hope to be successful with them,” the winger said.
Gaber went on to highlight Al Ahly and Zamalek’s interest in him after his recent performances in the Egyptian Premier League and CAF Confederation Cup.
“It is a privilege to be considered by those clubs, but I am honored to play for El-Maqassa; they are the team that made me famous and I want to repay their faith first.
“It is understandable that Al Ahly and Zamalek rarely sign players from the second division; they are great teams with big fan bases and they always look for players who are ‘ready’ to play for them,” Gaber concluded.