Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Elneny features in goalless draw against Sunderland
The Gunners dropped points for the second time in a week, as they failed to find a way past a resilient Sunderland defence.
Arsenal XI: Cech, Bellerin, Koscienly, Mertsacker, Monreal; Elneny, Ramsey, Ozil; Iwobi, Sanchez, Giroud
Sunderland XI: Manone; Yediin, Kone, Kaboul, Aanholt; Kirchoff, Borini, Catermole, M’Villa, Khazari; Defoe
Arsenal started the match on the front foot, as Sunderland stayed deep and only counterattacked their opponents occasionally.
Elneny started in the defensive midfield position for the second game in a row, as Wenger retained the midfield partnership between the Egyptian international and Ramsey.
Despite bossing possession, the visitors failed to break the deadlock before the final whistle, and will return to London with a solitary point.
Arsenal have dropped into fourth place behind Manchester City on goal difference, with 64 points from 35 matches, with fifth-placed Manchester United raring to sneak into the top four before the end of the season.