Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Koka features as Braga lose to Paços de Ferreira
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ started for Braga as his side lost 1-0 against FC Paços de Ferreira in gameweek 31 at Mata Real Stadium.
In 20th minute, Braga midfielder Filipe Augusto picked an injury and was replaced by Wilson Eduardo. Following the injury, Paços started to gain confidence and amid continuous pressure, they managed to score through Diogo Jota in the 39th minute.
At the beginning of the second half, Paulo Fonseca team attempted to return to the match by starting an attack from Wilson Eduardo in the 50th minute, but Braga strikers failed to convert.
Fifteen minutes to full time, Paulo Fonseca brought on Brazilian striker Crislan to replace Koka in an attempt to bolster the attack. The team however failed to equalise as the match ended 1-0 for FC Paços.
With only three rounds remaining, Braga sit fourth in the league standings on 54 points, five points clear of fifth-placed Arouca.