Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Sam Morsy’s Wigan Athletic edge closer to automatic promotion
Wigan Athletic edged closer to the Championship after defeating Southend United 4-1 in league action on Saturday.
The Latics are top of the League One standings with 84 points and two games remaining, three points ahead of second-placed Burton Albion and nine points clear of both Millwall and Walsall, although the latter have a match in hand on Tuesday.
Should Walsall lose their extra match, Wigan will guarantee automatic promotion to the Championship with two matches to go. Any other result, however, will require the Latics to avoid defeat on Saturday to secure a top-two finish.