KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Sam Morsy’s Wigan Athletic edge closer to automatic promotion
Wigan Athletic edged closer to the Championship after defeating Southend United 4-1 in league action on Saturday.
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy entered the pitch in the 76 minute, replacing Max Power.
The Latics are top of the League One standings with 84 points and two games remaining, three points ahead of second-placed Burton Albion and nine points clear of both Millwall and Walsall, although the latter have a match in hand on Tuesday.
Should Walsall lose their extra match, Wigan will guarantee automatic promotion to the Championship with two matches to go. Any other result, however, will require the Latics to avoid defeat on Saturday to secure a top-two finish.