Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Sam Morsy’s Wigan Athletic edge closer to automatic promotion
Wigan Athletic edged closer to the Championship after defeating Southend United 4-1 in league action on Saturday.
Egypt-eligible midfielder Sam Morsy entered the pitch in the 76 minute, replacing Max Power.
The Latics are top of the League One standings with 84 points and two games remaining, three points ahead of second-placed Burton Albion and nine points clear of both Millwall and Walsall, although the latter have a match in hand on Tuesday.
Should Walsall lose their extra match, Wigan will guarantee automatic promotion to the Championship with two matches to go. Any other result, however, will require the Latics to avoid defeat on Saturday to secure a top-two finish.