Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
Basketball: Juan Antonio Orenga appointed as Egypt head coach
Abdulla Shalaby, executive director of the Federation of Basketball confirmed that the Federation’s administration sent a letter to the officials in the Ministry of Sports to notify them of the Board’s decision to hire Antonio as head coach.
Juan Antonio Orenga is a retired Spanish professional basketball player and has been a coach since 2012. During his playing career, Orenga played for notable teams like Real Madrid, whom he won the Spanish League championship with.
The Spaniard played 128 games for the Spanish national team. He also played during the 1994 and 1998 FIBA World Championships.
In 2012 Orenga was named head coach of the Spanish national team, but resigned in 2014 after losing to France at the quarter-final stage of the 2014 FIBA World Cup.
Egypt will be taking a step forward in the world of basketball, as evidenced by the successful bid for the hosting of the 2017 FIBA U-19 World Cup.