Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
Al Ahly women volleyball team progress in CAVB Championship
Al Ahly’s women volleyball team booked their place in the quarter finals of the African Clubs Championship in Tunisia.
The Reds were able to oust Tunisian outfit CS Sfaxien, Algerian side Bejaia, and Cameroonian side Bafia in their quest to land a quarter final berth.
The ticket was all but secured when they defeated Bafia 3-0 ( 25-16, 25-11, 25-18) in Sidi Bou Said – as they move on to face Algerian side MC Alger on April 28.
It is also worth mentioning that Al Ahly are the reigning champions, having won the 2015 edition by defeating record winners Kenya Pipelines 3-2.
A triumph in Tunis this time out will put the Red Devils level with Kenya Pipelines in terms of championships won; both sides will have seven titles to their name.