Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Al Ahly women volleyball team progress in CAVB Championship
Al Ahly’s women volleyball team booked their place in the quarter finals of the African Clubs Championship in Tunisia.
The Reds were able to oust Tunisian outfit CS Sfaxien, Algerian side Bejaia, and Cameroonian side Bafia in their quest to land a quarter final berth.
The ticket was all but secured when they defeated Bafia 3-0 ( 25-16, 25-11, 25-18) in Sidi Bou Said – as they move on to face Algerian side MC Alger on April 28.
It is also worth mentioning that Al Ahly are the reigning champions, having won the 2015 edition by defeating record winners Kenya Pipelines 3-2.
A triumph in Tunis this time out will put the Red Devils level with Kenya Pipelines in terms of championships won; both sides will have seven titles to their name.