Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Al Ahly women volleyball team progress in CAVB Championship
Al Ahly’s women volleyball team booked their place in the quarter finals of the African Clubs Championship in Tunisia.
The Reds were able to oust Tunisian outfit CS Sfaxien, Algerian side Bejaia, and Cameroonian side Bafia in their quest to land a quarter final berth.
The ticket was all but secured when they defeated Bafia 3-0 ( 25-16, 25-11, 25-18) in Sidi Bou Said – as they move on to face Algerian side MC Alger on April 28.
It is also worth mentioning that Al Ahly are the reigning champions, having won the 2015 edition by defeating record winners Kenya Pipelines 3-2.
A triumph in Tunis this time out will put the Red Devils level with Kenya Pipelines in terms of championships won; both sides will have seven titles to their name.