Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Ashour’s injury puts Shorbagy into the second round
El Shorbagy – who recently won the Grasshopper Cup – was leading the encounter 2-0, before Ashour forfeited due to a recurring hamstring injury that has affected his career over the past three years.
Ashour – who won the El Gouna International a record three times – lost the first two games 12-10, and 11-6, forfeiting the encounter before the third game could start.
El Shorbagy will thus face fellow Egyptian Omar Abdel Meguid in the second round, with the winner meeting either Fares Dessouki or seed no.6 Karim Abdel-Gawad in the quarter-finals.
It is also worth mentioning that this injury will prevent Ramy Ashour, from participating in the Dubai Open.