Zambia U-20 national team manager Beston Cgambeshi has announced his squad for...
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
- Smouha to face Kenya’s Ulinzi Star in CAF Confederation Cup
- Ahmed Yasser scores first goal in debut with Al Mina’a
- Cuper: Preparations for World Cup starts now
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
Ashour’s injury puts Shorbagy into the second round
El Shorbagy – who recently won the Grasshopper Cup – was leading the encounter 2-0, before Ashour forfeited due to a recurring hamstring injury that has affected his career over the past three years.
Ashour – who won the El Gouna International a record three times – lost the first two games 12-10, and 11-6, forfeiting the encounter before the third game could start.
El Shorbagy will thus face fellow Egyptian Omar Abdel Meguid in the second round, with the winner meeting either Fares Dessouki or seed no.6 Karim Abdel-Gawad in the quarter-finals.
It is also worth mentioning that this injury will prevent Ramy Ashour, from participating in the Dubai Open.