ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Ashour’s injury puts Shorbagy into the second round
El Shorbagy – who recently won the Grasshopper Cup – was leading the encounter 2-0, before Ashour forfeited due to a recurring hamstring injury that has affected his career over the past three years.
Ashour – who won the El Gouna International a record three times – lost the first two games 12-10, and 11-6, forfeiting the encounter before the third game could start.
El Shorbagy will thus face fellow Egyptian Omar Abdel Meguid in the second round, with the winner meeting either Fares Dessouki or seed no.6 Karim Abdel-Gawad in the quarter-finals.
It is also worth mentioning that this injury will prevent Ramy Ashour, from participating in the Dubai Open.