Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
AC Omonia leave it late to beat Nea Salamis
Karim Hafez’s Omonia scored two late goals to beat Nea Salamis in their Cypriot First Division encounter.
AC Omonia went into the match looking to bounce from a weekend loss to APOEL. Their opponents faired much worse. Nea Salamis had lost seven successive matches.
Fullback, Karim Hafez featured in Omonia’s starting lineup. The match started off slow. It took half an hour for the first shot on target to be realized.
The chance fell to AC Omonia. They had been bossing possession all that time; and had sniffs at goal early on. Little followed the home team’s shot and the match went to the break goalless.
The second half started in a similar manner as the first. Omonia controlled the match but could barely make any breakthroughs against Nea Samalis.
As the second half wore on, AC Omonia began threatening the visitor’s goal. Irish player,Sheridan was prominent upfront for the hosts.
The goals only came late though. Fittingly, Sheridan broke the deadlock. He tapped home a low cross, in the 82nd minute, from the by Kirm from the right side. Moments later, Sheridan had a chance to make it 2-0 but he fluffed his line.
AC Omonia scored their second two minutes into injury time. Andre Schembri finished off a counterattacking move to seal his side’s win.
The result leaves, Hafez’s, Omonia third in the Cypriot championship round league series.