Al Ahly director of football Sayed Abdel-Hafiz has announced that the team...
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
AC Omonia leave it late to beat Nea Salamis
Karim Hafez’s Omonia scored two late goals to beat Nea Salamis in their Cypriot First Division encounter.
AC Omonia went into the match looking to bounce from a weekend loss to APOEL. Their opponents faired much worse. Nea Salamis had lost seven successive matches.
Fullback, Karim Hafez featured in Omonia’s starting lineup. The match started off slow. It took half an hour for the first shot on target to be realized.
The chance fell to AC Omonia. They had been bossing possession all that time; and had sniffs at goal early on. Little followed the home team’s shot and the match went to the break goalless.
The second half started in a similar manner as the first. Omonia controlled the match but could barely make any breakthroughs against Nea Samalis.
As the second half wore on, AC Omonia began threatening the visitor’s goal. Irish player,Sheridan was prominent upfront for the hosts.
The goals only came late though. Fittingly, Sheridan broke the deadlock. He tapped home a low cross, in the 82nd minute, from the by Kirm from the right side. Moments later, Sheridan had a chance to make it 2-0 but he fluffed his line.
AC Omonia scored their second two minutes into injury time. Andre Schembri finished off a counterattacking move to seal his side’s win.
The result leaves, Hafez’s, Omonia third in the Cypriot championship round league series.