Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
VIDEO: Bassem Morsi scores stunner as Zamalek edge Haras
Zamalek defeated Haras El-Hodood 1-0 in a somewhat dull encounter, to edge clear of Ismaily and Smouha in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Whites went into the match knowing that a win was the only option; Bassem Morsi and Shikabala both returned to the starting XI, with Alex McLeish gunning for all three points.
Zamalek XI: Gennesh, Hazem Emam, Ali Gabr, Koffi, Adel Gomaa, Tarek Hamed, Ahmed Tawfik, Moruf Yusuf, Shikabala, Kahraba, Bassem Morsi
Harras XI: Saad, Islam Ramadan, Abou El-Ezz, Gabr, Mubarak, Beckham, Salem, Abdel-Kader, Gamal, Mohamed Abdallah, Benzema
Both teams started the match slowly, despite Bassem Morsi glancing an early header just wide.
Seconds later, however, Bassem latched onto a lobbed pass from Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ to unleash a vicious overhead kick off the crossbar and past a clueless Haras goalkeeper.
The rest of the first half saw no real chances, despite the Whites bossing possession.
Haras started the second period strongly, as they looked to find a way back into the match.
Shikabala claimed the first shot of the second half, but his effort was easily stopped by the goalkeeper.
Haras had no answer to their illustrious opponents with key man Benzema subdued, and the player was eventually subbed off in the 62nd minute.
Moruf Yusuf tried to set up Kahraba in the 70th minute, but the talented winger failed to convert, sending his shot way over the bar.
Mostafa Fathi and Emmanuel Mayuka were thrown on in the final minutes of the match, but both sides were unable to score as the match ended in a 1-0 win for the hosts.