The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Elneny: Wenger taught me to shoot intelligently
Elneny joined Arsenal during the 2016 January transfer window from Swiss club FC Basel. The Egyptian midfielder has managed to become a regular in Wenger’s squad after several impressive performances that earned him Arsenal’s Player of the Month award in March.
He has also been nominated for the same award in April, as the 23-year-old has continued to keep his brilliant form for the second month in a row.
Elneny talked in an interview, which was featured in May’s edition of Arsenal Magazine, about the things he learned from Arsene Wenger during the few months he spent at the club.
“I used to shoot a lot when I was at Basel but sometimes that doesn’t suit our style here. [Wenger] taught me to be more of a team player and to be intelligent in terms of when I shoot,” Elneny said.
“I also paid attention to my teammates and took their advice. That has helped me to improve my performances already,” he added.
Elneny has praised his manager, as he believes that Wenger’s advice has helped him adapt to the team’s style.
“The most important thing for me has been listening to Arsene Wenger’s advice and putting it into action. The manager has been giving me advice since the first day I arrived at the training ground.” he said.
“He always talks to me about the game and my position and that gave me a lot of confidence. He often instructs me to press the opponent and not give them time on the ball in our half. He’s also helped me to understand the system and playing style he prefers to see us playing,” he added.
Elneny also spoke about his ambitions and the dreams he’s looking to achieve with the club next season after the team lost any hope of winning the league title this year.
“If it’s not meant to be this season, we need to work hard and fight to win the title next year,” he said.
“Personally I am here to help Arsenal win trophies. We want to make the fans happy and bring back the golden times,” he concluded.