Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
EXCLUSIVE | Chelsea deny interest in Ramadan Sobhy
English club Chelsea have denied the presence of any interest in Al Ahly prodigy Ramadan Sobhy.
According to reports emerging from Egypt over the past few days, 19-year-old Al Ahly starlet Ramadan Sobhy has been offered to Chelsea’s academy.
The Egypt international winger has been in inspiring form for the Cairo giants since making his senior debut for the side at the age of 16, scoring nine Egyptian Premier League goals and assisting seven in the process. Sobhy has established himself as a regular starter for Martin Jol’s side, and has already been involved in nine goals (three goals and six assists) in 20 league appearances this season.
The reports site he was offered directly to Chelsea’s foundation integration officer Chris Robinson, by an Egyptian scout named Mostafa Mahmoud, who works at the foundation.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) March 25, 2016
KingFut spoke to Robinson for comment on the situation, but he denied any knowledge of the player.
“There is no story, I have never heard of this player,” Robinson told KingFut.
Ramadan Sobhy has attracted interest from several European sides, with the latest rumors linking him to Italy giants AC Milan following his winning goal in 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying against Nigeria in March. However, agent Nader Shawky has claimed they have yet to receive any official offers for the player.