The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Uganda U20 coach talks Egypt ahead of qualifier tie
Uganda U20’s head coach has expressed his respect for Egypt and confidence of beating them in their upcoming U20 AFCON qualifier match later this May.
Kefa Kisala, the head coach of Uganda’s U20 team, has talked up his team’s chances of advancing past Egypt in the ongoing 2017 AFCON U20 qualifiers. Uganda hosts Egypt in the first leg of their second round qualifying match on the weekend of 20-22 May, 2016.
Speaking to Supersport, Kisala said: “We have not had ample time to prepare this team. This is a team of new boys who need to gel together so that they make a team so I congratulate them for the result against Rwanda because they did put up a fight.”
Uganda knocked out, regional rivals, Rwanda in the previous round and Kefa Kisala drew comparisons to the upcoming Egyptian tie, “Egypt is a tough task ahead. Given enough time and knowing the Arabs, we are going to see to it that we prepare and adjust in whatever happened against Rwanda so that we overcome Egypt.”
Egypt has had the upper foot against East African sides at all levels. Team member, Martin Kizzawo is confident though that this can be reversed.
Winger Martin Kizzawo of SC Villa said, “To be honest, Egypt is a strong team but we are going to do our very best to prepare for this game and we hope to register a positive result,”
The return leg of the qualifier will be on the weekend of June 10-12, 2016. This is the penultimate round of the qualifiers. Seven teams are to qualify for the 2017 AFCON U20 to be held in Zambia.