Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Uganda U20 coach talks Egypt ahead of qualifier tie
Kefa Kisala, the head coach of Uganda’s U20 team, has talked up his team’s chances of advancing past Egypt in the ongoing 2017 AFCON U20 qualifiers. Uganda hosts Egypt in the first leg of their second round qualifying match on the weekend of 20-22 May, 2016.
Speaking to Supersport, Kisala said: “We have not had ample time to prepare this team. This is a team of new boys who need to gel together so that they make a team so I congratulate them for the result against Rwanda because they did put up a fight.”
Uganda knocked out, regional rivals, Rwanda in the previous round and Kefa Kisala drew comparisons to the upcoming Egyptian tie, “Egypt is a tough task ahead. Given enough time and knowing the Arabs, we are going to see to it that we prepare and adjust in whatever happened against Rwanda so that we overcome Egypt.”
Egypt has had the upper foot against East African sides at all levels. Team member, Martin Kizzawo is confident though that this can be reversed.
Winger Martin Kizzawo of SC Villa said, “To be honest, Egypt is a strong team but we are going to do our very best to prepare for this game and we hope to register a positive result,”
The return leg of the qualifier will be on the weekend of June 10-12, 2016. This is the penultimate round of the qualifiers. Seven teams are to qualify for the 2017 AFCON U20 to be held in Zambia.